“Perfect Mystic getaway”
Review of Steamboat Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mystic
Steamboat Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 Mystic B&B and Inns
New Haven, Connecticut
“Perfect Mystic getaway”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our weekend at the Steamboat Inn in Mystic. The location is ideal for exploring the area. It's very easy to walk to lots of restaurants and shops, as well as explore both banks of the river, the historic bridge, etc. We found the room (Mystic room) to be lovely -- very clean, cozy, comfortable. The decor is very nice nautical themed, and the view of the river from the room is spectacular -- windows along two sides of the room allow you to see down the river. The windows open to allow for a great breeze if the weather is good. We also got to enjoy a very nice fire in the woodburning fireplace in the room. It made for a very cozy and romantic weekend despite rainy weather outside. Breakfast had a good variety of food available (muffins, fruit, yogurt, eggs, bacon, quiche, etc.) and while not a full onsite restaurant, it was charming and convenient to enjoy a quick breakfast before checkout in the Common Room. If I had to list a complaint, I found the bed and pillows to be a little soft and uncomfortable, but that's really personal preference.

The staff was friendly and helpful. We also had a surprise delivery of champagne and chocolates to the room, which was a great addition! I would certainly book a stay here again. It was the perfect mix of maritime Mystic charm with modern amenities and an ideal location.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hmmmama

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Cape Cod
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Just got back from a lovely trip to Mystic, CT and the Steamboat Inn. Inn is ideally located for exploring Mystic's attractions. Easy to walk to restaurants, Mystic Seaport, and fun local shops. All rooms have a beautiful view of the river. We watched a local crew team practicing on the river from the comfort of our room. Staff was lovely and decor made me feel like I was a guest on a high-end yacht. Definitely recommended for anyone visiting the area.

Room Tip: All rooms have a lovely view of the river. We loved Marie Claire.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank InnloverCapeCod
newburyport
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We will most definitely make a trip to this wonderful Inn an annual must. The staff were friendly and accommodating. The Common Room with its hot breakfasts, coffee, tea and water throughout the day and sherry and cookies in the afternoon was an added treat.

Our room, Annie Wilcox named for a local ship, had a view of the river, a wood burning fireplace which was cleaned and prepared each day and the most delightful, cozy and clever decor. A very comfortable King bed, comfy sofa, two flat screens, wifi access - nothing has been overlooked for guest comfort.

Parking is convenient and free, many wonderful restaurants within walking distance and an easy drive to the Seaport and Museum. The perfect getaway for a restful weekend. We will defintely return.

Room Tip: Every room on the second floor has a river view. Ariadne is a corner room with windows on two sides...
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We found this by chance and what good luck that was. All the rooms are delightfully decorated with original paintings, prints or old photographs that show Mystic and/or ships and yachts, and the furniture is different in each of the 11 rooms. The hostess on duty could not have been more welcoming and helpful and I wish we could have stayed for longer than two nights. There is a nice cosy parlour on the second floor where newspapers are available and where sherry and cookies are available in the evenings; that is also where there is a buffet breakfast of cereals, fruit-juice, fruit salad, toast, muffins, plus scrambled eggs and other cooked items. There is free parking and the inn is located right by the water in the centre of town but away from the road. You can walk everywhere in Mystic from the Inn and it was beautiful to watch the light of the setting sun on the water and harbour in front of us. The nicest place I have ever stayed in the US (we are from the UK).

Room Tip: We were in Ariadne (room 1) on the second floor which has a nice log fire (ready laid for us to ligh...
1 Thank pk104
SandraC970, Manager at Steamboat Inn, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Steamboat Inn. We agree with you, that our location is unbeatable and the we too, truly appreciate our river sunsets. We are thrilled you had a pleasant experience at the Inn and we hope you can return to Mystic soon and enjoy all the Steamboat Inn has to offer!
Reviewed 21 March 2014

My husband and I decided we needed a night away. I wanted a place that was within a couple hours from home and that offered plenty to do. Mystic!!!!! I found the Steamboat Inn by accident online. For as many times as I have been to Mystic, I have never noticed this place. We were greeted by a friendly hostess who showed us around the Inn and to our room. I was immediately impressed by all that I saw. Our room was beautiful with an even more beautiful view of the Mystic River and bridge right outside my window. After settling in, we strolled around town and went into some of the shops. After a nice dinner at the Ancient Mariner, we went back to our room and lit a fire (I believe all rooms have a wood lit fireplace). My husband and I have gone on several 1-2 night getaways in the 8 years we have been together. This was by far the nicest Inn I've stayed in. He felt the same way. (And the most comfortable bed I've slept in while away). I felt very comfortable overall and left the next day after having a satisfying breakfast in their parlor. I can't wait to go back next winter. We will definitely be staying more than one night!!!!!

Room Tip: I asked when I called for a recommendation on a nice room since I had never been there. I told the g...
Portsmouth, RI
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The Inn is centrally located within walking distance to shops, galleries and fine restaurants.
The rooms are comfortable and cozy. Our room had a fireplace. The rooms overlook the town and the river. They all have a great view. Parking is adequate and free.
Late afternoon Sherry and fresh baked cookies is a nice touch.
Breakfast is excellent with a variety of breakfast items. Coffee, wate and soft drinks seemed to be available all day.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a great view of the river and the town.
Feeding Hills, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This winter has been long and cold, we needed a spirit boost. We decided to think spring and went to Mystic, we booked our stay at the Steamboat Inn, great choice, the staff is friendly, the Inn is clean, well maintained and the location is the best we left the car and walked every where. We also booked a package called the Oyster Delight, which consisted of oyster's, chowder and two drinks at the Oyster Club. another great choice a farm to table dining experience with excellent food.

Room Tip: the pictures on their web site are a great help.