“Great location”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Vernon, New Jersey, United States
“Great location”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The Whaler's Inn is centrally located on Main Street in the historic part of Mystic, CT. The rooms are very nice, however, there is no elevator, so if you can't climbs stairs, request a room on the first floor. We had a room on the third floor, as we had requested. It was clean and a nice size.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ed D
whalersinn, Public Relations Manager at The Whaler's Inn, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am pleased to hear you had a great time. Hope you can visit us again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed the location and small inn feel of The Whaler's Inn. While it was a short visit, it was a great location right in Mystic, even in the cold of winter. The rooms were pretty standard, but fine.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CudaRoo
whalersinn, Public Relations Manager at The Whaler's Inn, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I'm so happy to hear that you had a nice stay at the Inn this February. I hope you can visit us in the warmer months too. Mystic offers many outdoor activities such as art & food festivals, outdoor music & dining and many different ways to get out on the water! Check out our newly renovated “Stonington House” rooms if you get a chance. They are gorgeous! Thank You Again, Nicole
Fayetteville, Georgia
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We loved everything! Our room was comfortable, cozy and the decor was very nice. The front desk staff went above and beyond. Even to get me a floor fan for sleeping. The continental breakfast was fresh, clean and delicious. The staff was so nice. The parking was so convenient and we walked to stores and restaurants from the Inn. I highly recomend The Whalers Inn.

Room Tip: Any room would be nice. A higher room would keep you from hearing people walk around.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Carol W
Forest Hills, New York
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We were in the duluxe room with fireplace and jacuzzi. The only problem was you could not watch TV from bed. The very large and high bed posts were totally in the way. The TV is located on a side wall in a cabinet. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO the cabinet door is in the way as well as the high bed post! I wrote to the Whalers Inn and never received a response.
Kindly see photos attached.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
whalersinn, Public Relations Manager at The Whaler's Inn, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.
I want to first apologize that you did not receive a response in regards to your email in a timely manner. Due to your comments at checkout and the email we received, the Innkeeper has been diligently looking into alternate television placement. The television cabinets are currently designed so that the cabinet doors should recess to the knob and the television tray should pull-out and swivel. I want to thank you for including photos and making such suggestions. Information like this is very helpful when making improvements to the Inn. We hope that you did enjoy your stay and will return in the future.
CT
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I had plans to take my 3 sisters to diner in Mystic at my favorite restaurant Daniel Packer Inn for my Christmas present treat to my sisters. We all had about an hour drive and it snowed all day so last minute we had to stay overnight because roads were just to bad plus we had a few drinks. So we stayed at the Whaler Inn just a minute away. The off season rates were next to nothing ($55.00plus tax) so I treated two rooms both with two queen beds. Rooms we nicely decorated and spacious. The room was warm and comfortable. The best part was the beds were so comfortable. In the morning the free breakfast was more than ample.

This was last minute as we didn't have anything with us. The front desk gave us tooth brushes and paste. One Sister even bought a large tee shirt at the front desk as a night shirt. We really were glad we stayed overnight , it made our Xmas outing more memorable.

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank Bankerbuddy
I was so excited when I read this review! It sounds like you and your sisters had a great holiday visit in Mystic. That is the exact experience we wish for everyone that visits us. Thank you for the many compliments about breakfast and the guest rooms. I want to wish you and your family have a very Merry Christmas. I hope you can visit again in the New Year!
bath
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Whaler's Inn for a weekend in December. This is not a quaint New England B&B or Inn but a small hotel - not a lot of character in the building or the room we stayed in. We were greeted warmly by the staff and given information about local restaurants, etc. and shown where breakfast is available in the morning. Coffee and cookies are also available in this same "community" room throughout the day along with a computer. There is WiFi in the rooms and you are provided with a password at check in. The room was large and clean but uninspired. The bathroom was large but wallpaper was peeling and some detailing by housekeeping would go a long way (water still in tub after cleaning, toilet paper holder loose on wall) The bed was very uncomfortable and the room very warm - we shut off the radiator and opened a window even though the temp at night was around 30. Also, very thin walls as we could hear our neighbors conversation in the next room. Breakfast is continental only and self serve - typical of Holiday Inns, etc. with bagels, toast, granola, yogurt in small containers and banana and oranges for fruit. They did have breakfast sandwiches to heat in a microwave, packaged waffles for the toaster and hard boiled eggs. At least the bagels arrive daily from a local shop. The best part was the location. Right by the bridge in Mystic - short walk to shopping, restaurants and Mystic Seaport. If you are just looking for a room you will be fine with this but if you are looking for a quaint historic New England inn this is not the place.

Room Tip: Do not take a room in the front as it sits on a busy street and you can hear traffic.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank packardhouse
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I spent three relaxing nights here in a queen room with fireplace, sitting area, jacuzzi, and river view. After my two planed nights, I extended for a third night because the room was so clean, pleasant, and comfortable. The location is on the river and right downtown. It was easy to walk to shop and eat. There are several "houses" within the inn, some are newer than others. My room was in "Hoxie House," one of the newer sections, and was fresh and modern, yet decorated in a traditional style. The view from this third floor room was wonderful.

Room Tip: I was in room 71 in Hoxie House, and it was great. Because the Inn is comprised of several "ho...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank mbmmn
whalersinn, Public Relations Manager at The Whaler's Inn, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the room enough to extend to your stay! I hope we can welcome you back soon. Sincerely, Nicole Capalbo - Assistant Manager