“Rustic Charm with an Amazing staff!”
Review of The Whaler's Inn

The Whaler's Inn
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Baltimore, Maryland
“Rustic Charm with an Amazing staff!”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at The Whaler's Inn for one night as we headed towards home from Maine. It was a beautiful historic hotel within walking distance to all of the local shops and restaurants. Our room was neat and clean, with a comfortable bed. We went to an Irish pub to celebrate St. Patrick's Day with a few pints. To my dismay, I awoke the next day without my coat. The staff at the front desk went above and beyond the call of duty to help me retrieve my coat (and the car keys and cell phone which were in the pocket.) They called around to local businesses and even walked the streets of town in search of my coat, which they eventually were able to locate. They did this with smiles and a good sense of humor, which really helped ease my anxiety. They were also knowledgeable about how we could have a replacement key made if we were not able to find the coat. As a bonus, while I sat in the lobby waiting for news of my coat, fresh warm chocolate chip cookies were served. Yum!

1 Thank Breezinthru
whalersinn, Public Relations Manager at The Whaler's Inn, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for posting your message of gratitude! I will be sure to share this with the entire staff. I'm so glad we were able to find your jacket before you had left to get the replacement key! It was a pleasure meeting you both and stop by to see us anytime!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 28 March 2014

My husband and I spent 2 nights at the Whaler's Inn. We had booked the Cozy Queen room in the Main Building which was lovely decorated and spacious. Unfortunately we had a terrible night of sleep as the old heating system made a lot of noise during the night. Additionally, we woke up to a very disturbing smell in the morning. We immediately talked to the staff who was very helpful and offered us to change to another Cozy Queen room in the 1865 house. The room was much smaller but we did not have any problems with noise or smell anymore.
Unfortunately, when we arrived we learnt that the gym was not available due to refurbishment in the Inn. this was very disappointing and should have been pointed out when we made the reservation. However, the Inn offers free parking and internet which is great. There is no elevator, make sure to take a room on the first floor if you can't walk stairs or carry your luggage up the stairs.
Whaler's Inn is in a great location and within walking distance of restaurants and shops. The hotel offers a continental breakfast which included breakfast sandwiches, bagels, toast, eggs, waffles, muffins, cake, scones, coffee, tea and juice.
We also tried the Bravo Bravo Restaurant at the Whaler's Inn which was absolutely delicious and we recommend the tomato fettuccine with seafood.
Overall a nice trip.

2 Thank Maple_leaf_alex
Thank you for posting your review of the inn. I apologize for the heating system causing you an unpleasant night sleep. I am pleased to hear the staff was able to move you to a more suitable room. We have been making many upgrades to the Inn over this past winter. I apologize that the fitness room was being utilized at the time of your stay. We hope that you can visit us in the future and try one of our newly renovated Stonington House rooms. It has an all new central heating /air conditioning system! Thank you again- Nicole.
North Smithfield, Rhode Island
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This is a great Inn! Very clean, updated, nice staff! Great continental breakfast, super location, right downtown. Plenty of parking. The bed was a bit uncomfortable…a little too firm and the bed frame squeaked every time you turned over. The linens were very nice but were washed in a strong-scented laundry detergent. (We're allergic to artificial scents.) The jacuzzi tub was a great highlight. I recommend this Inn!

1 Thank drums324
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed the inn’s complimentary continental breakfast, parking and perfect downtown location. I apologize if the laundry detergent was too strong. We do try to use low-fragrance or fragrance-fee as much as possible.
I will be sure to pass along the many compliments to the staff. -Thank you again, Nicole
Darien, Connecticut
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

My husband & I decided last minute to spend an over night in Mystic on our way to Maine. I did minimal research online to find a place to stay. We had another B&B which we used to stay at in Stonington but since it's under new ownership the prices has gotten very high. Too high for our last minute trip. I found the Whalers Inn through trip advisor and realized we had eaten at a near by restaurant in the past and had been interested in this Inn. The price was great so when we got to town we booked a corner Queen room on the third floor. The room was large, extremely clean and comfortable. We did not hear any street sounds or noise from any other rooms. The Inns proximity to walk to shops and restraints was fabulous. We'd definitely stay again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
I’m very delighted to hear you had such a pleasant experience at the Inn. It is always nice to hear that the rooms are comfortable and clean. Our staff works very hard to provide the best possible experience for the guests. If you have a chance to visit our website, check out our great packages for the upcoming spring and summer season. We hope to see you again soon! Sincerely, Nicole
Vernon, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The Whaler's Inn is centrally located on Main Street in the historic part of Mystic, CT. The rooms are very nice, however, there is no elevator, so if you can't climbs stairs, request a room on the first floor. We had a room on the third floor, as we had requested. It was clean and a nice size.

1 Thank Ed D
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am pleased to hear you had a great time. Hope you can visit us again in the future!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed the location and small inn feel of The Whaler's Inn. While it was a short visit, it was a great location right in Mystic, even in the cold of winter. The rooms were pretty standard, but fine.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CudaRoo
whalersinn, Public Relations Manager at The Whaler's Inn, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I'm so happy to hear that you had a nice stay at the Inn this February. I hope you can visit us in the warmer months too. Mystic offers many outdoor activities such as art & food festivals, outdoor music & dining and many different ways to get out on the water! Check out our newly renovated “Stonington House” rooms if you get a chance. They are gorgeous! Thank You Again, Nicole
Fayetteville, Georgia
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We loved everything! Our room was comfortable, cozy and the decor was very nice. The front desk staff went above and beyond. Even to get me a floor fan for sleeping. The continental breakfast was fresh, clean and delicious. The staff was so nice. The parking was so convenient and we walked to stores and restaurants from the Inn. I highly recomend The Whalers Inn.

Room Tip: Any room would be nice. A higher room would keep you from hearing people walk around.