“Staying at Brigadoon is like staying with family”

Brigadoon of Mystic
Ranked #5 of 12 Mystic B&B and Inns
Columbia, MD
“Staying at Brigadoon is like staying with family”
Reviewed 24 June 2010

Want to stay with family while visiting Mystic ??? then Brigadoon is the place to go. Owners Ted & Kay Lucas have created a warm and friendly atmosphere which makes you feel like you are coming home as soon as you walk through the front door of this 250 year old farm house. The owners could not be friendlier or more accomodating. Kay who is a native of Scotland, is quite proud of her heritage which is echoed throughout the guestrooms, named after Scottish royalty. She is happy to share advice on where to dine in town or what to do to make your Mystic visit memorable. Be sure to try her famous shortbread cookies while enjoying tea or a glass of wine in the afternoon. Ted is proud of his beautiful gardens and kitchen. You haven't lived until you've tried his waffles and bacon, which are out of this world. The Inn is quaint and comfortable but what really makes it are the owners, Ted and Kay. So while heading up I 95 or visiting Mystic CT, stop at Brigadoon for a little New England comfort.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WendyBColumbia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 30 June 2009

Stayed at the Brigadoon for 2 nights while in town for a wedding. My wife and I love to stay at B&B’s when traveling. In all our B&B stays I would rate this as our worst. We found the room to be very dirty. In fact a previous guest had written the words “DUST ME” in the dust on top of the television. There were bobby pins and other items on the floor so it was obvious the room had not been vacuumed. In fact we left the items there to allow the chance for the room to be cleaned the next day but they still remained when we checked out. Although breakfast smelled delicious, I can not comment on the quality since my wife refused to eat there die to the cleanliness issue.

Based on my previous B&B experiences I would rate the Brigadoon a nice boarding house and not an upscale B&B. I was willing to spend twice the amount if my room was clean. I did drop the owners a line when we returned home so hopefully they will correct these issues before the next guests check into the Stewart Room. By the way, no compensation was offered for the poor experience.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JFMGA
England
Reviewed 10 August 2008

We were very impressed with our stay in the Brigadoon B&B. The owners were friendly and very eager to help us.
They have hundreds of copies of National Geographic magazines, which we enjoyed reading in the few minutes we had spare at the end of the day.
I would certainly recommend them to anyone who asked - the breakfasts were phenomenal.

• Liked — How friendly the owners were
  • Disliked — Nothing to dislike.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank cougar_uk
Boston, MA
Reviewed 30 July 2007

Stayed at the Brigadoon for one night in July. It was a cozy B&B that was closely located to downtown Mystic and the Seaport (maybe 10 mins by car). The innkeepers were very accomodating and friendly. We stayed on a room on the first floor and it was spacious and very clean. Bathroom also large with plenty of room. No problem with shower, etc. It was humid when we were there and the air conditioner was great to have. Breakfast was filling (fresh fruit salad, pancakes/bacon or eggs/bacon cooked to order, coffee, fresh OJ). Very cute house in general, very country-style, with some adirondack chairs on the front lawn for lounging.

• Liked — The cozy room
  • Disliked — The distance from the town center
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tree99
Manchester, UK
Reviewed 10 April 2007

We stayed 1 night at this B&B and had a fantastic experience. The room was comfy and clean and the air-conditioning worked fine. I love the four poster bed although would understand if not to everyones taste. The best thing I can say about this place is the hospitality. From the moment we walked in we were made to feel welcome- Bottled water and wine was even made available.
Last but not least - I would have to say the breakfast served here was probably the best we had for the entire 2 weeks of our trip to the US and I did not need to eat again until evening!!

• Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank andy1881
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 14 June 2005

Nice place. Very nice owners. Try to get a room on the first floor, very steep staircase. There was a for sale sign out front when we stayed so it may change hands soon. I wouldn't stay here again unless it was the only B&B available, which is what happened the first time.

• Stayed June 2005