“VERY DISAPPOINTED”

Econo Lodge Mystic - Groton
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Reviewed 11 May 2014

For the price I was charged I was given a room reserved for "pet owners" which had a visible mold problem; the second room was better, but both rooms had mold issues. For the amount of money that this hotel charges and the condition of the rooms something needs to be done about the mold issues. The first room had visible mold around the a/c unit, the second room was better with no visible mold, but still smelled, I slept with the window open all night long. If another hotel would have had a vacancy and taken my dog I would have checked out. I was very disappointed, the hotel staff tried to accomodate me by giving me another room but that room wasn't much better.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Clean, quiet, comfortable mattress, good wifi signal, and very friendly staff. The breakfast was a nice surprise, especially at the price. When I missed the breakfast one morning, the front desk clerk was happy to get me the requested items from the back. I plan to stay here on our next trip to Mystic. :D

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms make it convenient to load and unload the car as parking spot is right in front o...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank T B
Reviewed 5 March 2014

The ECONO LODGE Shares a perfect location, with clean rooms, friendly staff and excellent price. It's a great location, if you like to watch a fine arts film or see the local artist shops at the old Mystic village. Food of all prices are within walking distance. The casinos are within 20 minutes away if you want some night life. They accept pets for a small charge. Definitely best value for your money if you are a humble person.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I was only staying one night at this hotel i would be glad to stay again it was clean and well kept place even know they would fixing the rooms out front up. I went with family their the rooms were very roomy.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Paresh P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Mystic - Groton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Dear Mr. William G,

Thank you for taking some of your time to give feedback about your stay with us. It is very helpful to know what we can improve on to make your stay the most pleasant one. It is also nice to know what we are doing well so we can keep it up. We are always trying to improve our rooms and property. I hope you can enjoy another stay with us in the future.

Paresh Patel

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Lew & June stayed here Sat Oct 26, 2013 in order to play some bingo sessions at Foxwoods. It was easy to get back & forth to Foxwoods; within 20 minutes. It was clean. TV was direct TV & if you're not used to it; quite hard to operate. But all in all the price was extremely reasonable; plus a continental breakfast in the front reception area that had cereals, hot cereals, waffles, toast, donuts; coffee, tea juices; ect. Nice place to stay right off exit 92 off Rt 95; if you don't want to spend a ton to stay at Foxwoods!

Room Tip: We had a room in back on 2nd floor. No elevators; so if you have hard time with stairs; ask for 1st...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We were tired and had just spent some serious dollars shopping so we wanted to economize. This place was reasonable so we made a reservation. What was it like? You know the kind: Run by a family because they couldn't afford to own it otherwise. "Renovation" means slapping on paint on just about everything including wall switch covers. The carpet was absolutely filthy and the room had been sprayed with some sort of chemical I believe to have been something to disguise odors. Whatever it disguised, the cure was probably worse than what the owner was trying to hide. Some mold in the bathroom...not much, but some.

One look at the "breakfast" was enough to decide not to bother. It was a few things on a small counter in the lobby near the check in desk...

If you are on a budget, I recommend finding a better place outside of Mystic but not too far from it. I guess you will find a better place.

Room Tip: If you must stay, get in room in the backside of the building. Across the parking lot there is a ch...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank 565NYMan565
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This was an awful experience for us. The room was old but relatively clean. We were given a ground floor room as requested. For some reason, it was a handicapped accessible room. Shower temp never got warmer than lukewarm and water pressure was a mere trickle. Coffee maker in room did not work and lobby did not open for coffee/breakfast until 7. I took our coffee maker to office and man was RUDE!!! First, he made me demonstrate that I could operate the coffee maker and then he took it and said "Well, it must not work. You will get coffee in lobby." I said "But the lobby does not open until 7" He said "Sorry about that" There was no offer to get one from another room for us. Seems like a no brainer to me as there were only 5 cars in the parking lot. The breakfast was a high glycemic nightmare. Donuts, white bread, bagel, oatmeal with sugar and flavorings added (no plain), toaster waffles, watered down orange juice, two dry cereals. When we requested assistance with television, the man once again was very rude. Came to room, snatched remotes out of my husband's hand and rather than show us what to do to make it work properly, he got it to work, put remotes down and walked out without saying a word. When I said "Thank you" he just kept walking...no acknowledgement.
The young man who checked us in was very nice.
We would NEVER stay here again. It was definitely not worth the price...even if it had been $39.00 it would not be worth it.

Room Tip: Go someplace else !!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple