All reviewspool looked greatappeared cleanfree wifia queen size bedmicrowave and fridgewalking distancedirectly across the streetwould stay againfront desk personenjoyed my staybeds were comfortablevery nice staymystic aquariumone night stayolde mistick villageoff the highwaylocation was perfect
Reviewed 9 October 2017

It was a clean room, that smelled faintly of cleaning products. The crisp white sheets on the bed had a faint bleach smell. The brown plaid carpet was a little dated looking but it appeared clean. It was not worn so it must be relatively new. When something of mine fell behind the end tables on the side of the bed, I was shocked that even that was relatively clean.

The bathroom was old but functional. The drop ceiling tiles were a bit warped because the steam from the shower would fill the whole room.

I suppose my biggest complaint was that the king-sized bed felt unstable. It was on wheels & always seemed like it was moving. It just felt shaky. The mattress was old so when my heavier husband laid down I would be titled as we both sagged toward the middle.

The room came equipped with a small refrigerator; the freezer kept my ice pack frozen which was a nice surprise. There was also a small microwave which was nice for reheating the leftovers from all the glorious & delicious restaurants in town

We did have noisy neighbors. At 6:00 a.m. on our first morning the couple in the room below ours had a screaming fight at the top of their lungs complete with obscenities & door slamming. Had it continued, we thought about calling the police.

The complimentary breakfast is heavy on the carbs: Lenders’ bagels; no-name English muffins, thawed frozen waffles; some stale pastry & donuts (perhaps an Entenmann’s competitor), cereal & juice. A few tiny apples were also available. There is a diner across the parking lot at the Howard Johnson’s, a Friendly’s on site and a Dunkin’ Donuts across the street at the gas station.

You just have to remember this is an Econo-Lodge not the Ritz Carlton

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2017

The good:
Breakfast was nice - bagels, toast, pastries, cereal etc. Served in the lobby which was light, pleasant and clean.
Towels were changed while we were out (see below)

Not so good:
Arrived at our room to find one of our quota of towels wet through, stuffed in the bottom of a defrosting fridge.
The room absolutely reeked of cigarette smoke.
The hand basin plug broke so I had to bail the water out of the basin into the bath with a cup.
The next morning, water was backing up into the bath so the only drainable receptacle left for spitting out my toothpaste was the toilet!
The carpet was so filthy that my white socks and bottom of my pyjamas were stained brown.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tessla
Reviewed 6 September 2017

The price was decent for 2 queen beds in a touristy area. The hotel was clean but hasn't been updated in many years. The room had all the needs for quick stay in mystic. Two comfortable queen beds, flat screen tv, microwave, fridge and little coffee maker. The continental breakfast was better than expected serving juice, cereal, coffee, tea, bagels, English muffins, donuts and pastries. Check in/out was quick and easy. Best thing about the hotel is the location. In walking distance to several restaurants, Mystic Village, and the aquarium.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2017

The location is close to everything. The Seaport, Aquarium, and shops within 5 minutes. Friendly's is right next door.
The room was clean and quiet and the beds were comfortable. There was a refrigerator and microwave in the room. The ice machine is close to the office, so we were spared the noise during the night in Room 110.
The pool was clean and there were plenty of lounge chairs.
The breakfast was nothing special, though...mostly cereal and doughnuts.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the office
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

So I came here for one night with my husband . We checked in late and were tired from a day for sight seeing all over Mystic. The room looked trashed . Furniture was all scratched and dirty , wall paper peeling off the walls carpets are soiled and stained , commode was not affixed to the floor ( rocked back and forth ) dust and dirt everywhere . I sprayed Lysol everywhere I went or touched . Would not dare sit on the chairs or couches . Flea bag motel is better name for it . Continental breakfast was stale cookies that they put back in the container ( to be served another day ) and apples and bananas .. Thus is one step above camping .

Stayed: September 2017