“Great value and clean.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Reviewed 31 December 2009

The location is convenient to all in Mystic and very close to Foxwoods. The girl at check-in had no personality.....but whatever, that's not so important unless you have an issue which we didn't. The room was clean. There was also a microwave and fridge.The bed was comfortable. We had a king room and it only had two bath, hand and washclothes. They were also thin. There were no towel racks so where do you dry your two towels that you might have to use again? Bring your own shampoo because the bottles they provide hold enough for a crew cut. The tub was a little dirty too. We only paid $50.00..that said I really can't complain. Also I like sleeping with an open window (on the second floor of course) and the windows actually opened which was nice. The hallways were clean, the breakfast was plentiful and the dining area was clean. I could be wrong but the property might be smoke free. Also they offer a decent discount if you have a Costco or BJ's card, more than AAA or AARP.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LTT63

Reviewed 5 September 2009

situated a bit outside the city, clean, but nothing special.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2009

Very, very nice staff. they gave us extra towels! THey were helpful in directing us around town

Looks great from the outside. The pool area looks pretty. Would have loved to use the pool, but it rained that day.
The lobby area is nice.

The hotel itself has long hallways which were hot and the carpets needed to be shampooed.

THe room was okay, but the air conditioning was loud and tempermental.

I think they allow dogs

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank TribalMembers
Reviewed 8 July 2009

Not sure why this hotel thinks it merits charging $185 a night!
We travel for a few days each summer within driving distance of our home in Long Island with 2 kids 11 & 9.
We have been to Philadelphia, Lancaster PA, etc. and in my opinion- this hotel should cost around $69-89 a night MAXIMUM!
They allow dogs- and although when I told the booking agent that my son is allergic, he promised us a room where they do not allow pets. There were dogs barking in rooms all around us! My poor son had breathing issues all night.
The walls and doors are so badly insulated that it sounded like everyone opening their rooms was coming into ours! I asked for a room with a king bed and sofabed and when we got there after a long day of site seeing- there were no linens for the sofa bed.
The linen delivery guy said I should have specified that we would be using it= um er I did!
Then they only had one pillow for the two boys available and I had to make a 2nd request as they gave me no blanket.
We had no hot water on the first morning of our stay! So I jad a cold shower and the kids had to skip theirs. When I asked the desk clerk to check into a credit she said she would
and upon checkout they had taken 20% off that days rate. This was a nice gesture for the discomfort of going without showers at least!
It seemed that the whole place was run by young people- barely out of high school.
They were very pleasant to deal with- no complaints about the staff at all.
(Except for the linen guy)
Mystic is a great little town but hardly worth jacking up mediocre hotel/motel prices over.
I was amazed that so many of the venues seem to overcharge for run of the mill accomodations.
The in house breakfast was okay- love the waffles!
But there were never any free snacks out as advertised. Only ones for purchase!
There was coffee and tea. No milk- just room temp half & half containers.
The pool is small and outdoors.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank ssg63
JeffSchoolcraft, Resident Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2009

We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. Safety, security, comfort and competitive prices are several goals the hotel does not take lightly and are always looking to improve. Our hospitable staff is always willing to help whenever a guest is in need. These core values are some of the reasons why the Comfort Inn continues to enjoy such high guest satisfaction score. Once again we thank you for your responses and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 26 May 2009

I have stayed in many hotels, but have found the service at this particular location lacking, especially for the price.

We spent over $100 on a one night stay, and attempted to use the pool. After I got in, I saw that it was full of bugs. My partner looked around to find a net with which to skim the pool to no avail. She finally saw one in an open room, and out of politeness asked the front desk if she could use it. The gentleman to whom she spoke gave her quite an attitude despite the fact that she was willing to do the staff's job of cleaning out the pool.

Then, after my very brief dip, I took a shower. The water pressure was a trickle at best. There was no conditioner supplied, despite it being a common commodity in hotels.

At night, while we were trying to sleep, the smoke detector started beeping every few seconds. I called the front desk about it, and they sent security down. The guard took our smoke detector and said he wouldn't be able to return it, and to be careful. Then, he got a call on his walkie-talkie, which promptly broke. It was at that point that I spent a sleepless night worried about our safety.

We have taken many trips in the past few years and have stayed at all levels of hotels; this was by far one of, if not the absolute, worst.

If we spent less for the room, I may be able to shrug off most of this, but $120? Nope. It has left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SSpringer
JeffSchoolcraft, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2009

We appreciate your imput and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We here at the Comfort Inn strive for excellence and are always looking for ways to improve. All comments positive and negative are held in the highest regard. Our goal is to provide guests calm, relaxing and clean facilities while away.

Reviewed 26 April 2009

Spent Valentine's weekend at this hotel in Mystic, Ct. From the granted request for an early check-in to a speedy and friendly check out this hotel was a gem. Asked for a top floor room as is our practice to avoid overhead noise. The room was clean, sunny, bright and comfortable. It is right off I-95, conveniently close to the aquarium and shops at Mystic. We were concerned about it being "pet friendly", but this was not an issue at all. Apparently, pets are roomed in a separate area of the hotel. Free wi-fi and continental breakfast a plus( as well as a microwave and fridge in the room). Would love to return in summer to check out the outdoor pool, and tour Mystic in the warmer weather.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BRAINBEE
Reviewed 19 April 2009

well, what can i say for 71 dollars a night? not a whole lot !
pros : 1. rooms were clean. 2.location was good (right off 95) and within close driving distance to the seaport.
cons: 1. walls and ceilings are THIN. we could hear the tv next door and the kids running in the room above ours 2. walking to the seaport- not recommended. lots of traffic just outside driveway of hotel 3. breakfast was nothing special- but what would someone expect from a continental breakfast- typical bagels, muffins,cereals....4. towels in bath were extremely thin.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maddym0m
JeffSchoolcraft, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2009

We appreciate you taking time to fill out a review of our property. Here at the Comfort Inn we strive for excellence in guest satisfaction and welcome all comments. You really can't beat how centrally located the hotel is to the major attractions of the area. The hotel regularly reviews all comment with the staff and will make sure to continue to try and exceed all expectations.

Jeff