“Beautiful and Relaxing Sail on the Argia!”
Review of Argia Cruises

Argia Cruises
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Sail away on a relaxing cruise aboard ARGIA, an 81-foot traditional sailing ship. Enjoy islands, lighthouses, and fresh air. Ticket price includes snacks and soft drinks. You may bring your own picnic basket, beer or wine. US Coast Guard inspected. Gift Certificates available. Charter the whole ship for your private event.
Lyndhurst, New Jersey
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Beautiful and Relaxing Sail on the Argia!”
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I took this 2 hour cruise today and thoroughly enjoyed it. The captain and 2 man crew were so informative with narratives about the area and tales about points of interest along the coast. Served snacks' lemonade and water, can byob too. Gorgeous day, so relaxing on this lovely schooner. I highly recommend to do while visiting Mystic. Worth the $44 per adult for sure.

Visited October 2013
4 Thank TravelingKramers

Cleveland, Texas
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great Sail boat ride”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We went for a two hour sunset ride on the Argia. The captain and crew of 2 guys was very informative and friendly. You can ride for $44 a person which was so worth it. They offer light snacks of cheese and crackers and beverages on the cruise. It was very relaxing and a beautiful sight. You can easily make reservations by phone. It is easy to locate and free parking.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Christy T
Stamford, Connecticut
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“sunset cruise awesome”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

This was a nice 2 hour sunset cruise. We had perfect weather, it a BYOB and food they did provide a cheese & cracker platter, but most people brought their own. The Captain and the crew were very nice and had chock full of knowledge of the area. I even met some people who used to live in my hometown. funny how these things happen. It was relaxing and so worth it the sunset views alone were awesome. Also FYI when you arrive if you want to do The cruise book your reservations ahead of time, the sunset cruises fill up fast. You can go right to the office and do it easy peasy.
If you like a relaxing cruise around Mystic this is it.

5 Thank ErisShaw
Andover, Massachusetts
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A nice outing”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My mom was in town visiting so I took her to Mystic for the day. She loves the water so I booked the 2.5 hour Argia morning sailboat excursion to start our day. It was very easy to make reservations by calling the phone number on the website. Everyone from the person answering the phine, to the person checking us in and the crew were bery nice and helpful. The bota is beautiful and clean and well kept. The boat was only half full which was nice because I think it would feel very crowded if filled to capacity at 40+ people. The crew of 2 and the captain were knowledgable and friendly. The ride was very calm through the channel past the two bridges and light house which were very interesting to learn about. Once in the open water the crew invited anyone to help with raising the sails. The kids got a kick out of doing this. Unfortunately that morning there was minimal wind and we didn't move very much with the sails up. The trip seemed to drag on at that point. The crew stopped narrating and we had a lot of time to kill before turning back. Luckily it was cloudy and not sunny because there is no shade on a sailboat unless you go down inside the cabin. It was relaxing but young children and restless adults will grow weary floating around not going anywhere for an hour. And don't get excited about the snacks and beverages. It was a big jug of lemenade or water ands small bags of snacks and chips from Costco. All things considered it was OK for $44 per person but I think very pricey for a family of four. My mom really enjoyed herself which was most important to me.

3 Thank Tracey1313
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A great experience!”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

My wife and I went on the 2:20 exclusionary it was the highlight of our vacation. The crew of 3 could not have been more friendly, engaging and professional. The 2 deck hands had amazing amounts of knowledge about sailing and all the sights along the way. We learned so much about the area! Any questions we had they engaged us and talked in depth. Safety was a top concern and everything was explained in detail. The complimentary snacks were nice, we didn't bring drinks on board but they had an ice chest for those who did. The atmosphere was laid back, friendly, and the deck hands added a lot of laughter and looseness. I highly recommend this to anyone in the area, especially those who have driven around Mystic for years and think they know the area. For the nautically challenged (those who don't go boating and don't get the unique perspective), this is a great !experience

3 Thank hoppykins83

Been to Argia Cruises? Share your experiences!