“Great Burgers!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 November 2013

First time visit to the Boathouse, and we were all happy with our dining experience. I treated my two daughters and 2 grand-daughters to a " girls only " sleepover in Mystic...and they treated me to a delicious meal at this restaurant. We all ordered some type of burger (which was very big!) except my youngest grand-daughter who ordered a Buffalo chicken wrap (also large & filling).
The wait staff was very attentive and the food arrived very quickly. The only negative comment would be about the calamari....it was really quite chewy and we didn't finish it. But I would return to the Boathouse and recommend it to others.

MysticBoathouse, Owner at Mystic Boathouse, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Glad you enjoyed your first visit to The Boathouse! Thanks for the nice review, and we look forward to having you back again.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We had lunch here as a family of four. We ordered two salads (one with chicken, one with steak tips) and two kids' cheeseburgers. The bill came to $55 - whoa!

Positives: friendly waitstaff, casual atmosphere, good variety of options for kids

Negatives: raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing lacked any flavor - I actually had to ask my husband if he thought there WAS any dressing on the salad or if it was just wet, no bread served with the meal, drinks not included with the kids' meals, extra charge for cheese on the kids' burgers

Bottom line: We thought it was blah food with a hefty price tag.

I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your meal here. I appreciate your detailed review, and we will certainly consider all of your comments. Thank you for dining with us while you were in town, and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit to Mystic!

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We are in the process of moving from CT to NC. While spending a few days in a motel prior to actually leaving the area, we happened to dine at the Boathouse. It was a very pleasant experience. We had the hummus plate, soup of the day, crab-cakes and fried oysters. All items were well prepared, plated and served. The service was timely, courteous and friendly without being intrusive. The ambiance was informal. All in all, a nice place to spend a few hours. The only downside is that we did not eat at the Boathouse until the night before we moved out of the area. This restaurant would have become a favorite for us.

MysticBoathouse, Owner at Mystic Boathouse, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Happy to hear you enjoyed us, but sad that you're moving away! Please visit us again if you come back to the area, and best of luck with the move.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I had a crabcake sandwich, and it was delicious. My husband had the scallop-stuffed cod and loved it, although there was too much for him. Highly recommended!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit here! Thanks for dining with us, and thanks for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We went here with friends for lunch prior to a wedding. The salads are good and not drowning in salad dressing. The lobster roll was well received as was the chicken wrap. We didn't have the broth based soup but our friends did they really enjoyed it. The prices were average - $7 for the salad and another $5 for the addition of chicken. You did get an entire chicken breast for the price. So for $12 we had a nice Boathouse Salad that was a good size salad.

MysticBoathouse, Owner at Mystic Boathouse, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you for visiting us, and for taking the time to write a review. I'm happy you enjoyed everything!

Been to Mystic Boathouse? Share your experiences!