“Cozy and welcoming and entertainment”
Review of Mystic Boathouse

Mystic Boathouse
Ranked #30 of 99 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kingston, Canada
“Cozy and welcoming and entertainment”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

The night I was there in the bar was live music and it was great . Food and atmosphere matched and the service was good. I have eaten here twice now and as a traveler they have welcomed me and made me feel comfortable . Not a bad item to speak .I will be going back again

• Visited December 2013

Mystic, Connecticut
“Good Pub Grub”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I was catching an early movie so I stopped in solo for a bite to eat. I sat at the bar and ordered a glass of wine and an order of calamari. It was delivered in the blink of an eye! It was good, not the best I've had mostly due to the marinara sauce which was heavy on the Italian seasonings and a bit over powering. I should have opted for the Thai chile sauce instead. The bartender was attentive and efficient.

• Visited December 2013
Groton, CT
“Consistently good”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Casual seafood and pub fare in a pleasant atmosphere. The prices are very attractive and the clams casino a must to try. This place is popular with the locals. Visitors who find it are the lucky ones.

Visited December 2013
MysticBoathouse, Owner at Mystic Boathouse, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thanks so much, Peter! We very much appreciate your business, and your taking the time to write a review.
North Plainfield, New Jersey
“Evening drinks...”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We actually found a bar that is open after 10 pm on a Saturday night. Living in NJ and frequenting NY; I am unaccustomed to bars closing by 9 pm which is the culture of the Mystic, CT area. We were searching for a place to have a few drinks and saw a couple of cars in the parking lot. We stopped in and asked if they were open and the bartender advised that they were as long as there were customers. For the next 3 hours we sat at the bar with several friendly travelers that were staying in the Holiday Inn Express next door. The bartender and manager were very amenable to staying open for us. The drinks were poured well. Unfortunately the kitchen closed at 10 so we were unable to try the food. The ambiance is nice enough. We will definitely be back.

• Visited November 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review us! We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in town.
Pawtucket
“Great Burgers!”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

First time visit to the Boathouse, and we were all happy with our dining experience. I treated my two daughters and 2 grand-daughters to a " girls only " sleepover in Mystic...and they treated me to a delicious meal at this restaurant. We all ordered some type of burger (which was very big!) except my youngest grand-daughter who ordered a Buffalo chicken wrap (also large & filling).
The wait staff was very attentive and the food arrived very quickly. The only negative comment would be about the calamari....it was really quite chewy and we didn't finish it. But I would return to the Boathouse and recommend it to others.

• Visited November 2013
Glad you enjoyed your first visit to The Boathouse! Thanks for the nice review, and we look forward to having you back again.

Been to Mystic Boathouse? Share your experiences!