“Great Lobster Grilled Cheese”

Bleu Squid Breakfast and Bakery Cafe
Ranked #2 of 7 Bakeries in Mystic
Price range: US$4 - US$19
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My husband and I both had the Lobster Grilled Cheese, which was one of the reasons we both wanted to eat at the Bleu Squid. The sandwich was delicious! They were able to give me Gluten Free bread, which was great. I was disappointed that they had no GF desserts, since that was my second reason for wanting to eat here. They had cases full of delicious desserts, but none that were GF. The lobster grilled cheese is well worth the visit, but if you want a GF dessert, I would call the day before to make sure they have something. It is a very small location so seating is limited. I would grab a grilled cheese to go and sit under a tree to enjoy!

There are newer reviews for Bleu Squid Breakfast and Bakery Cafe

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Aside from serving simply outstanding cupcakes and and nice array of delicious cheese melts, this is just an extremely happy place. From the moment we walked in, we were met with nothing short of joy. The staff, lead by the assistant manager, Katie obviously enjoy what they do! Did I mention they have outstanding cupcakes?

I wasn't sure what to choose, so I asked Katie what was her favorite one. The smile on her face as she told me about the nuances of some of her favorites made my day. Then she settled on one; the Blueberry cheesecake. Outstanding. It was so good, we came back the next day for the Cheese melts and another round of cupcakes.

If you're in Mystic village, this is a very worthwhile stop. Actually, it's worthwhile to stop at Mystic village just for the cupcakes alone! It will lift your spirits if your down, and keep you going if you're up!

1  Thank Ken N
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The grown up grilled cheese sandwich is SO yummy! You have to try it or get one with lobster on it (real lobster - no fake stuff here!) We were able to find different cheesy goodness to satisfy all eaters. The mac and cheese - OMG - don't tell but it is better than Mom's! We grabbed a soda from the fridge and had a yummy cupcake for dessert. Great place to have lunch while shopping at Old Mystick Village. Not much seating but you can find somewhere to sit out in the village.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is a small place in the village. I had a lobster grilled cheese. It was fantastic. A friends asked if it had that "fishy" taste. It did not, but was perfect combination of the lobster and cheese. I never thought of the two going together, but it was perfect. We also had two cupcakes from them which were also very good. The workers were all very patient while we figured out what we wanted. I would go back again.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The store owner was very welcoming, greeted us with a big smile and took the time to explain their menu to us. I had a grilled cheese with spinach, bacon and some pesto yumminess, Hubby had one with bacon and blue cheese. Both were delish. Then we had their signature cupcake that was pretty colorful. They had a nice little patio to sit on and service was quick. Would definatly stop by when we return to mystic.