“Nice breakfast spot”

Dining options: Delivery
Stamford, Connecticut
“Nice breakfast spot”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I was in Mystic for the weekend, we were staying at the Whalers Inn(see my review). I went to the free breakfast at the Inn, I didn't like the fact the coffee cups were small. I decided to walk across the street and get breakfast for my husband & I. I had an egg bagel with cream cheese and lox. With medium(or in Starbucks lingo -grande) and got my husband a wheat bagel with sun dried tomato cream cheese. If it weren't so hot out I would have had one of their egg breakfast sandwiches that look delicious. Their menu has a good selection for even a picky eater.
It was nice to see locals and tourists alike, I find its a good place if the locals eat there, other than tourists.
The service was good and staff was friendly.
One thing this happened though: tourist gal gave us NY peeps a bad name in your behavior- she wanted tofu on a bagel. The gal behind the counter said, no I don't have tofu, would you like something else? She said no and stormed out and f bombed, do you know where I'm from NY, where we have tofu. really? What does being from NY have to do with your bad manners and rudeness to the gal who was doing their job behind the counter?

I went there 3 times when we stayed in Mystic. Great breakfast spot. We didn't have the lunch but I assume its good, the menu had a nice selection of sandwiches and such.

Mystic, Connecticut
“Great whitefish,bagels and brownies”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We go to Wide World of Bagels almost every week.Usually we take out.The staff is very friendly. They do have great whitefish,bagels and brownies.We also like their paninis.
Due to heavy traffic this is one of the few shops we go to in downtown Mystic.

london
“If you're going to be in the customer service industry.....”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

....try and be a little bit more friendly towards your customers. I live in Mystic and have been into Wide World of Bagels about three times now since it opened, hoping each time that the owners will get just that little bit more friendly. Today was the last time I will visit - I'm done with the curt attitudes. It's a shame because I guess I'll have to give my bagel dollars to corporate giants like Dunkin'.

CT
“Wonderful owner, great bagels”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I've been a regular since the store opened, it's a great addition to downtown Mystic. Nicole and her staff are always polite and friendly. I was in the store when the group of 8 kids were there. They had just finished and were leaving when Nicole requested that they pick up their empty cups and wrappers. As some of the kids started to comply, one boy walked up to Nicole and refused saying he wanted to "save his table". Nicole asked if he was coming right back and he said "yes". The group left their mess, walked out laughing and walked away in the opposite direction from the Dunkin' Donuts (which is over a mile away). They did not return. Their behavior, particularly the one boy, was surly and impolite. I do hope they stay away, Wide World of Bagels is a great, friendly place and this group was rude. Mary W, Mystic

“Always satisfied!”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

A great addition to downtown Mystic! Bagels are always fresh and delicious and the variety of breakfast and lunch choices are terrific! The salads for lunch huge and could be shared for sure! Add grilled chicken and you've got a great filling choice. Thanks Dan, Nicole & staff for being a welcome addition to downtown and the food choices!

• Visited August 2013

Been to Cafe 511? Share your experiences!