“Fantastic Service, and Food”
Review of Cafe 511

Cafe 511
Ranked #38 of 100 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Mystic, Connecticut
“Fantastic Service, and Food”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I drove by one morning on my way to work and decided to give them a try. It quickly became a favorite spot for bagels and coffee or tea on my way to work. I started bringing my son not long after that, and a trip to WWB is quick to turn around bad behavior or to get us out of the house on time. I find the staff especially, Nicole, to be extremely friendly and eager to please. When my son decided to raise items for a Chemo Care Package Party, Nicole was quick to offer her location as a place to put a basket and a sign, she donated bagels for the party and even followed up after the party to see how things had gone. When we mentioned planning another Care Package party for the holidays, she immediately offered her help again. The food is amazing, the staff is great and the fact that they go out of their make sure everyone leaves happy just says all that I need to say. And that they will go out of their way to help one child who is trying to make a difference speaks volume to me...

• Visited March 2013

New Haven, Connecticut
“Really. Good. Bagels.”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Made fresh daily. For real though, not the way Dunkin makes their bagels "fresh" TONS of options that would make any New Yorkers proud!

Visited July 2013
Norwich, Connecticut
“Only Real Bagels in Mystic”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

New England lacks quality places to get bagels. Wide World of Bagels is our only remotely local place to get a bagel.

They have a large selection of bagels and their breakfast sandwiches are great.

Visited May 2013
Stamford, Connecticut
“Nice breakfast spot”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I was in Mystic for the weekend, we were staying at the Whalers Inn(see my review). I went to the free breakfast at the Inn, I didn't like the fact the coffee cups were small. I decided to walk across the street and get breakfast for my husband & I. I had an egg bagel with cream cheese and lox. With medium(or in Starbucks lingo -grande) and got my husband a wheat bagel with sun dried tomato cream cheese. If it weren't so hot out I would have had one of their egg breakfast sandwiches that look delicious. Their menu has a good selection for even a picky eater.
It was nice to see locals and tourists alike, I find its a good place if the locals eat there, other than tourists.
The service was good and staff was friendly.
One thing this happened though: tourist gal gave us NY peeps a bad name in your behavior- she wanted tofu on a bagel. The gal behind the counter said, no I don't have tofu, would you like something else? She said no and stormed out and f bombed, do you know where I'm from NY, where we have tofu. really? What does being from NY have to do with your bad manners and rudeness to the gal who was doing their job behind the counter?

I went there 3 times when we stayed in Mystic. Great breakfast spot. We didn't have the lunch but I assume its good, the menu had a nice selection of sandwiches and such.

• Visited August 2013
Mystic, Connecticut
“Great whitefish,bagels and brownies”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We go to Wide World of Bagels almost every week.Usually we take out.The staff is very friendly. They do have great whitefish,bagels and brownies.We also like their paninis.
Due to heavy traffic this is one of the few shops we go to in downtown Mystic.

• Visited August 2013