“Excellent meal and friendly staff”
Review of Oyster Club

Oyster Club
Reserve with OpenTable
Oyster Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 101 Restaurants in Mystic
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Oyster Club is a casual fine dining restaurant and raw bar specializing in the richness of the New England coast and countryside. The menu, which is written daily, showcases food that travels the shortest distance from 'farm & sea to table,' with seasonality and location determining the day's delicacies. Benefiting from the region's many local farmers and fisherman, Oyster Club features bounty from the sea, pasture raised beef, local produce and artisanal cheeses. We believe Oyster Club is an extension of your home and that all will feel welcome at our table - please join us!
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Despite a couple of showers, we enjoyed a fabulous meal at the Mystic Oyster Club - great lobster rolls and burger. This was a huge hit with the family. The staff were very welcoming and friendly and did their best when the downpours started. The other meals we saw around us looked excellent. This place definitely deserves the glowing reviews we have seen. Would heartily recommend this as THE place to eat in Mystic.

Reviewed 31 August 2014

Ate here with my wife and mother-in-law. We ordered off the menu. The entree indicated "prime meat". Unbeknownst to us it turned out to be GOAT MEAT. It tasted foul and we all gagged discovering what they offered as prime meat. Can't imagine how anyone would offer a positive review having ate this item. They at least did the right thing and omitted it from our bill.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Hotel staff recommended the Oyster Club and we tried it our first night in Mystic. It was crowded and we had to eat at the bar, but it didn't matter because the food, which is prepared with local, fresh ingredients, was so good. A couple of nights later, all of the other choices in town seemed to be so similar, so we returned. We were told the place was booked, but after the staff discussed various options, they happily seated us anyway. The menu had already changed because each night's menu is based on the availability of local ingredients. We were again pleased with our choices, however, both food and wine. The Oyster Club will be one of our better Mystic memories.

1  Thank RayDar2013
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My family loves to go to this place, and I have to say my first visit was wondeful. Second, I finally got my husband to come with me, and the food was way too salty and I have high blood pressure and my husband who usually loves salt even thought it was too much. Service was ok, nothing special but for what we paid for it was not delivered.

We ahve both been in the restaurant business for over 20 years, so very disappointed.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

This is sea/farm to table experience. The menu changes daily according to what is locally available. Yes it is pricey but everything was well prepared and delicious. The portions were very generous. Soup is served not in a bowl but more like a small swimming pool. We enjoyed everything! We should have shared the Mussels. It was a massive portion in a wonderful lemmongrass broth.
I would definitely go back

Been to Oyster Club? Share your experiences!