“Return Stay Amazing as Always!”

Taber Inne and Suites
Ranked #3 of 12 Mystic B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I can't imagine staying anywhere other than the Taber Inne while in Mystic. It is truly a gem. The entire staff is so friendly and very accommodating. They have such a wealth of knowledge of the area and it proved invaluable when trying to find activities for our three little ones to enjoy. We travel as a family so in reviewing this from a family standpoint it is just truly ideal. The rooms are spacious, and most importantly very clean! We have one little one just crawling so this was extremely important to us and truly the staff takes great pride in keeping their rooms and property spotless. You will never have an experience of looking at something in this hotel and cringing at the filthiness of it like in most hotels. Also, it is so enjoyable to stay somewhere that feels like you are staying in Mystic on a vacation--not in any known brand hotel that could be plunked down in any location because they are all the same. I also want to say the pool is so nice as well. You can't go wrong choosing the Taber Inne. We've only stayed in one other hotel prior to finding the Taber Inne and it was not a favorable experience. Once we found the Taber Inne, we have no need to look any further for our return trips. It is so nice to not have to worry if our stay will be enjoyable and so will yours!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Dee B

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was our first visit to Mystic and we will be back!!! Taber Inn was so comfortable and inviting!! Bed was perfect!! Breakfast was nice and light! The hospitality was wonderful .....the staff was friendly and always smiling!!! Love the Irish charm Immaculately clean! Fantastic value

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is a great family owned establishment . The rooms and property are extremely clean !!! The guest room that my husband and I stayed in was clean ,comfortable, and inviting. The staff was impeccable ,charming , and very accommodating. They offered a continental breakfast that was inviting and complete .My husband is still raving about the coffee ! Very close to Mystic Seaport and Mystic downtown . Well within walking distance . We will be returning !!!

Room Tip: Our Room was extremely quiet even though the hotel was very occupied .
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michellelb
Reviewed 22 July 2014

A group of us (8 adults, 4 kids) booked a getaway - get together weekend as a college reunion of sorts. The Taber Inn family runs this business very well. They are always available and willing to help you in any way. Maryann booked our dinner reservations for us , when we were striking out due to the size of our group. My husband and I had a king room and the other couples / kids had rooms with 2 double beds; everyone was pleased. The inn is CLEAN, updated , comfortable and very safe for little ones. The a.m. breakfast is just enough to get you started (try the delicious muffins!) , as there are plenty of places near by for bigger meals. I would highly recommend this family - owned peaceful environment to anyone looking to spend time in Mystic, CT.

Room Tip: The rooms are all conveniently located so you really cannot go wrong anywhere on the property.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Group2014
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I travel for a living and stay at many hotels. I must say this is one of the top. My family and I rented the town home. It was filled with many amenities and supplies and was Conveniently located. the staff were extremely easy to talk to. Please consider these guys on your next visit, you'll be glad you did.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Stan L
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The staff works hard to make your stay pleasurable. Basic breakfast though, so don't expect eggs bacon or pancakes. Bathrooms were so clean we gave our little girls a bath! Look.. it's not the Ritz Carlton but you get what you pay for..and these days and that's a novelty.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Nice, clean 2-star hotel. We stayed in a standard room. Small bathroom has no counter space and old fixtures. The shower was very good, however. Room has no coffee maker, hair dryer, mini-frig or micro wave. No hot water for tea other than at breakfast. We had to manually turn small TV on/off and adjust volume [remote only changed channels]. Cold breakfast is very basic.

I had a disagreement with the desk clerk on price. Based on the posted prices on their website, I expected to pay less on Fri/Sat and receive a senior discount on the posted price for the other days of our stay. I received neither. Had I received a confirmation before hand [it probably ended up in my "Junk" mail], we could have resolved the issue without bad feelings.

Room Tip: Check out the gourmet bakery/grocery store across the street.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple