“veggy type food”

Kate's Cafe
Groton, Connecticut
“veggy type food”
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Went for lunch and was really impressed with sandwiches. Selection offered a good variety of sandwiches. Drinks were high coffees, teas and juices. As a meat eater it was a nice change.

• Visited December 2012

Noank, Connecticut
“Meat eater loved it.”
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Lovely small place. Usually a carnivore, am open to try another angle. Food was delicious, nice portions, and the portobello mushroom burger was as good as any beef über I ever had. Please consider trying this vegetarian,vegan spot.

• Visited January 2013
Mystic, Connecticut
“I'll Be Back!”
Reviewed 6 December 2012

As a vegetarian of 16 years, I'd been meaning to check out Kate's Cafe ever since it first opened a few months ago. Well, today we finally made it there and I'm kicking myself for waiting this long! I had the seitan sliders, which were super flavorful and adorable. They were topped with caramelized onions and had a very.....soy saucy/barbeque type of flavor. They were served with a side of killer root veggie / fry type things and a small salad. My husband had the chickpea burger, which was also delicious. My only issue was trying to decide what to order! The atmosphere is small, but cute and cozy. They have some interesting coffees, snacks, and a case full of "to go" items that I'll have to make a point of picking up next time I think of it. I'm hoping that someday they'll serve some local and/or organic wine or beer, perhaps? That would be the icing on the (vegan) cake! Our bill was around $20. Not bad for two delicious and inventive entrees!

• Visited December 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Overpriced, tiny portions without flavor”
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I was excited to try a vegetarian/vegan option and was hugely disappointed by the lack of any flavor in the two items purchased. The seitan sliders were tiny with no flavor and completely RAW fries. The BBQ tempeh wrap my husband got was 90% lettuce and cabbage and the little bit of tempeh had no flavor. The wrap was 6.99 the sliders were 10.99! Not a great place for great local vegan and vegetarian options I suggest The Pita Spot delicious, flavorful middle eastern food, wraps and sides and entrees or Pizzetta for many vegan pizza options and vegan cheese!

• Visited November 2012
Waterford, Connecticut
“Eat here if you want to live up to your full potential, even if youre not Vegan!”
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I am not Vegan by any means, but the notion that Vegan food is going to be bland and made of granola, is demystified by this wonderful cafe! Chef (and I did not say cook) Gwenivere makes the most delectable creations you don't want to miss. Owner Kate (hence the name Kate's Cafe) is the brains behind this wonderful concept and is always available to answer any questions. And don't forget to top of your meal with their special coffee that is well rounded and worth watching the brewing process. The restaurant is small and beautifully decorated. You won't want to leave!

• Visited October 2012