“Christmas Boat Parade”

Ranked #4 of 101 Restaurants in Mystic
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, South American, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, View
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Chef Cobena’s unique style blends perfectly with the traditions of New England fare. He intertwines exotic spices and peppers with the area’s premier selection of seafood, poultry and beef. Relish in our premium selection of oysters spanning the eastern seaboard and the finest cuts of Yellowfin tuna, swordfish and native dayboat cod. Enjoy the juiciest, most flavorful steaks from Arkansas City, Kansas, by a facility designed by Dr. Temple Grandin, world renowned expert on animal welfare. Gluten-free? Enjoy a plethora of options on our special, gluten-free menu; check out our vegan options, too!
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Very good food, nice atmosphere next to the river and good service. We had a party of four and had seafood dishes and steak. The Pinot Noir was excellent as was the Chianti and the ladies liked the Martinis

Write a ReviewReviews (2,461)

Reviewed 29 November 2013

We visited Mystic Ct for the first time and decided to go to this restaurant based on the reviews on Tripadvisor. We found this to be a pleasant looking restaurant and at the time we were there it was not busy. We ordered salads to start with that included a wedge salad and a caesar. Both were very tasty. One of our party ordered the special, which included a lobster tail, stuffed pork chop and grilled swordfish for $35. This meal was disappointing. The temperature of the food was lukewarm and it appeared to have sat under a light for a while. The other person had the bouillabaisse, which had a strong tomato base and Italian seasonings. It was good but not exceptional. I had the broiled seafood platter which was bland and edible but not tasty. Overall I was disappointed with the meals.

1  Thank mools
spoyster, Director of Sales at S & P Oyster Co, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant with TripAdvisor. First and foremost, we cannot apologize enough for disappointing you as much as we did. As an experienced traveler and one’s opinion that is valued among many TripAdvisor reviewers, we merit your reputation and understand our shortcomings.

I couldn't agree with you more on an experience like that; I would have been equally disappointed. We understand how important value is and the quality of experience you should receive every time you dine with our Company. I’m sorry we weren't able to provide you with that on your last visit. It is certainly one that is most embarrassing and not to be taken lightly. Chef Cobena has listened and shared your review with his team. They constantly dedicate themselves in providing a better experience for every guest, daily.

If you would be willing to reach out to me directly, I would be most gracious in working to get our Company in your highest esteems. We appreciate your candid words; please feel free to contact me at any point- I’d be happy to help anyway I can.

Rachel Lenda
Director of Sales and Marketing
S&P Oyster Company
E: Rachel@sp-oyster.com
P: (860) 536-2674

Reviewed 26 November 2013

S&P oyster is one of the best place for seafood in mystic, CT. Every time we go there, we are never disappointed. The menu is not fancy, but every dish we tried is always good. We will definitely go back soon.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We made a reservation for our anniversary and the staff was great about it. We had upstairs seating with a beautiful water view. My Lobster as cooked to perfection and the Creme Brulee was beyond delicious. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 star rating is because my husband ordered his steak medium and it was definitely rare. He added a Lobster tail for $12.00 that was VERY small- like 1/4 the size of mine. Other than that the service and atmosphere were phenomenal! I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Great location, view, food and staff! What more can you ask for? Pepper jack grits to die for! Couldn't keep husband's spoon out of my bowl. Ugh! Scallops tender , and packed with flavor. Would recommend this place to everyone . It was the perfect New England spot for is West Coasters! Melissa was a kick!

spoyster, Director of Sales at S & P Oyster Co, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for writing a shining review from your last visit! Let's talk about those grits, please! I'm spoiled rotten that I get a gourmet lunch (or dinner, sometimes) five times a week - courtesy of our Company! We appreciate that you enjoyed all of our hard work and dedication in making your experience the best we can make it.

We should do this again. Feel free to contact me on your next visit and I will ensure your accommodations are just as wonderful. Happy holidays and safe travels-

Kind Regards,
Rachel Lenda
Director of Sales and Marketing
S&P Oyster Company
860-536-2674
rachel@sp-oyster.com

Been to S & P Oyster Co? Share your experiences!