“Conch Chowder”

Latitude 41 Restaurant and Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Latitude 41 Restaurant and Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 102 Restaurants in Mystic
Price range: US$19 - US$34
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Located in a newly renovated 19th century landmark on the shores of the Mystic River, our welcoming ambiance captures a fresh essence of the maritime experience. Natural hues surround a unique combination of historical and contemporary elements including extraordinary photographs from the Rosenfeld Collection. Choose to dine in one of our main dining rooms, gather with family or friends for casual fare in our classic tavern, warm yourself near one of our fireplaces or enjoy cool river breezes as you dine al fresco; we offer something for every taste. Serving new American cuisine, using the highest quality ingredients; we practice a no boundaries approach to flavors and techniques. We support our local farmers and pride ourselves with a philosophy based on consistency, creativity, innovation and inspiration. Latitude 41 is truly a destination dining experience.
Reviewed 23 February 2014

It was hard to decide what to pick on the menu so I opted for the conch chowder which was spicey and delicious! The staff were very friendly.

3  Thank Peggy F

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Last time I was at latitude 41 me and my boyfriend had an amazing meal. The staff was efficient as always. However recently we returned there and what we didn't think was possible happened! Latitude is even better!!! Their menu has tweaked a bit but defiantly for the best! They have a great variety! No matter your selection you will be pleased! Me and my husband will sit in the tavern or the restaurant you will get great service either way. In the tavern tabitha is an amazing bartender she is very knowledgable and on point! Is the restaurant we actually had a server named Lauren almost every time we are there! She is always smiling, very efficient and knowledgable of everything on her menu she always engages us in conversation when we go back we always make sure she is working! I love latitude 41! You cannot go wrong eating here!! 5 stars!

2  Thank Joe V
Valerie O, General Manager at Latitude 41 Restaurant and Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review. Please come back again! We are honored to continue to serve you.
Sincerely, Val

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I was thrilled when my husband booked this restaurant for Valentine's day. We have eaten in most Mystic restaurants but this was our first time at Latitude. I enjoyed my meal very much and, of course, the quality of food has to be uppermost for any restaurant. My husband wasn't so pleased with his choices but still enjoyed the food. The reasons I can't rate this restaurant more highly are, in no particular order as they say: the restaurant is terribly lacking in atmosphere (next year, please at least have a rose in a vase on the table for valentines, or offer ladies a single rose to take home), perhaps have a special valentines cocktail to offer to guests eg a kir royale, offer guests coffee at the end of the meal and check that there's nothing else they might want before presenting a bill, clear the plates from one course before arriving with the next and expecting diners to hold their plates in the air while you put down the next course, think about whether it might be possible to help guests with coats and offer to hang them up before they are seated because it feels very tacky to have all your winter clothes hanging on the back of your chair and on the floor around you. These comments are meant to be constructive. The chefs are being let down by front of house. You need to make diners feel a bit special and lose the conveyor belt mentality. Other Mystic restaurants are much better at that.

4  Thank Liz H
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We went there for dinner and it was quite disappointing. The lobster panini was decent but we waited for over an hour for our meal and it was lukewarm when it arrived. The service was poor and the table next to us had a terrible experience....they had been there for over 4 hrs for dinner. There were very customers so I don't know why the service was so poor but the food was also. Maybe they were short staffed. In any case, we won't be returning.

2  Thank lisanap
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We received a voucher for a free chowder from the Seaport and it was that thought that kept me walking around in the cold as long as I did. It was totally worth it! That chowder was delicious! Then we had burgers and fries which were also delicious and the special ale. I couldn't fault it. The pub is very welcoming with lots of interesting stuff on the walls and the staff were super friendly. If I'm ever in Mystic again I'll definitely be back here.

1  Thank Chrissie P
Valerie O, General Manager at Latitude 41 Restaurant and Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thanks so much for your review! Please come again.
Sincerely, Valerie