“Pretty good Pizza”

Ranked #17 of 103 Restaurants in Mystic
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The only reason why we stopped by Mystic Pizza is pretty simple...the movie. We wanted to see what all the hype was about.
Walking into the place we were greeted immediately by a very nice girl who promptly gave a us a booth. We were then greeted by our friendly server who asked us if we wanted to start off with drinks while we looked over the menu. We decided to get two pizzas and a fry. We thought it would be a great idea for left over's in the hotel room. Pizzas were pretty good when hot but being they are very oily eating them after was a disaster. The fries were excellent.

The place is filled with pictures of the movie and they have a flat screen at the back with the movie Mystic Pizza being played.

It's definitely worth a stop, although if in the area again we might try something different.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,860)

Reviewed 31 May 2014

My kids and I were on a trip and were driving by and I had heard of the movie so we stopped in. I will say the pizza was really good. The other food was all ok. It's not very expensive. And we even bought a couple t-shirts.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

My husband and I came to Mystic for our 1 year anniversary. Part of the reason we came was because I learned of the town by watching the movie - "mystic pizza". Usually when a place is commercialized like that it really isnt good but not this place it was great. Our pizza, salad, and fried pickles were delicious.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We were in Mystic, and decided to try their famous pizza. It was Memorial Day, so parking was difficult. (There is a paid lot across the street, but it only takes debit/credit cards.) We chose to sit down for a late lunch at the restaurant. I ordered a small pie with feta and spinach. My boyfriend just had a small cheese pie. We were able to each eat our own pizza without feeling overstuffed. The pizza was super hot, delicious, and just what I needed.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

My wife and I made a round robin trip through parts of New England and had Mystic on our map. Mystic the town is beautiful. She was a fan of the movie is the only reason we made the stop at the restaurant. That should probably be the only reason that anyone should make the stop. The service was average for the sardine-packed seating. The pizza was OK, about like you can get through any Pizza delivery company. We had slight hopes for great pizza…nope. There is also non-stop overdosing of Mystic Pizza (the movie) playing on all the TV’s along with frame-by-frame Julia Roberts in 8by10 photos covering the place. The souvenir shop is attached (of course) and we fell prey there as well.

Been to Mystic Pizza? Share your experiences!