“The waiter made this an odd experience”
Review of River WALK - CLOSED

River WALK
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
San Jose, California
“The waiter made this an odd experience”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

After ordering the waiter later apologized for a delay and said he thought the kitchen overcooked my order, so he had them do it over again. About the menu my wife made a selection but the waiter said it wasn't very good. He recommended a different line item. I've never seen act that way before and this one was not sophisticated in manner or appearance, but rather....well, I don't know the word. When the food came, my entre was hot, but the rest went cold. I saw people walk in, then walk back out. I didn't know why they seemed to change their minds. The interior carpets seemed soiled. Yet, despite all my personal views, I had the impression the restaurant gets quite busy in some evening hours.

Brunswick, New York
“Was good and inexpensive”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We went there over Labor Day weekend and it was ok, rumor had it they were closing on Sunday the Sept. Apparently they did not renew their lease. My husband and I had the cod sandwiches. The clam chowder was really good actually. It reminded me of a local quick place to eat, nothing fancy.

• Visited August 2013
East Hanover
“Even On A Chilly Night A Nice Place To Eat”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

While it may have been a bit cool to eat al fresco on the front porch, even being inside provided a view of the Mystic river. The menu consists of mostly familiar waterside restaurant items but they are prepared decently and served by a pleasant, knowledgeable wait staff

Castleton On Hudson, New York
“This place needs serious managers”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We visit Mystic every year, sometimes twice a summer. This place has kids working there that really have no customer service skills, and/or don't care about the success of the business, this is clear. This is the second year we've walked in and then out. We would not recommend this place to anyone.

New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
“Mediocre food”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Had a lobster blt. The lobster had no flavor, was basically lobster mixed with mayonnaise, slices of bacon thrown on top. Poorly conceived dish. At $16.95 for a sandwich, it was not a good choice. The clams we had for an appetizer were very good. No atmosphere in this restaurant.

• Visited July 2013