“Small out of the way but good food.”
Review of Somewhere In Time

Somewhere In Time
Ranked #26 of 99 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
South Jersey
“Small out of the way but good food.”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

While staying at the Seaport RV Resort and Campground in Mystic, CT. , we passed by this small restaurant near our campground. What a surprise! They serve breakfast and lunch only. The place was packed on Monday morning as we left the campground. I had Hocus Poachus( poached eggs on spinach tomato and sour dough toast). Very tasty. My partner had corn beef hash breakfast, which was equally enjoyable. The service was gracious and quick and everyone was very friendly. It is at the end of a small shopping center and could easily be missed because it is not in a business district. And best of all the restaurant was clean.

• Visited June 2014

Portland, Maine
“Great breakfast spot, good coffee”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Friendly and good service. Love the menu and the coffee setup. We ate here two days in a row it was so good. Nice coffee flavor options.

“Nice little breakfast place!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Very nice little breakfast place. 1st stop on my one day road trip around New England. Love the self serve coffee bar and the French toast special I got was delicious! Friendly waitress. Overall great experience!

New York,NY
“It was just ok.....”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

First time ever i had banana bread french toast. It was just "ok". I was turned off by having to get up and walk over and make my own coffee so I didnt order any. I did get the blueberry juice which was good. Overall I wasnt impressed. It wasnt horrible but it wasnt great. I read the reviews prior about it being dirty and I did not think the restaurant was dirty at all. Our server was friendly as well.

• Visited June 2014
New York City, New York
“Go SOMEWHERE else; don't waste your TIME.”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was by far the filthiest restaurant I have ever "experienced." We should have taken it as a warning when our GPS could not locate the restaurant; however, we were foolish for not trusting our instincts when we walked through the humid and moldy-esque entrance (hallway). Why did we open the dirty door to go in? We were hoping to find the quirky diner/dive that so many of the reviews had promised, but instead we found: time-abused chairs, dusty décor, and greasy tables. Quirky? No. Think: stale BINGO basement. We should have walked out right THEN... The coffee was okay, but my mug was salty. Yes, salty, as if someone else's breakfast were kissing my lips. We ordered our "food," although we were hesitant to touch the table, forks, salt, pepper, and the syrup-filled ketchup bottles. Our children's breakfast was served on cafeteria-style plastic plates that were probably purchased at a garage sale... in the 70s. My husband's neon yellow breakfast sampler was part powdered eggs and inedible potatoes, and he might have tried the other half (French toast and one pancake) -if I had not found a long white-blonde hair tangled in my what-would-have-been-just-okay blueberry pancakes. (My hair is red.) Our very pleasant waitress refunded MY breakfast, but we could not sit in the sticky room another second. If you don't trust me - trust your gut when you walk in: walk out. (Instead, try an awesome cup of coffee and a guava/cheese turnover at Mystic Beanery.)

• Visited May 2014