“great!!!”

Cuisines: French, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stopped in, from word of mouth by a local, and were very happy! We had some before-dinner drinks and 3 appetizers, which were a small meat/cheese platter, steamed clams and prosciutto wraped scallops...all three delish. FYI, sat at the bar, and the bartender who did service also took care of us, and service didnt suffer-he was more than outstanding. NO RSVP, I OVERHEARD.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I love the atmosphere of this Bistro. The food is consistantly delicious and specials are updated and innovative. I do find the service to be inconsistant but thats par for the course in the Mystic area. Be sure to have the Teanini and their bread-at least 2 servings. I highly recommend the antipasti and the scallops and penne. Delicioso!

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Great ambience & service. Did not love the Sicilian penne with sausage & broccoli rabe but would love to return & try something different next time. Definitely great for couples & friends, not appropriate for kids.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

My fiance' and I enjoyed stopping in for a beverage after touring the seaport. It's very quaint and seemed to be a location for the locals as everyone new one another. The staff was friendly and it has the ambience you would welcome for a small seaport town.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

A very nice place although a bit overcrowded. Even when crowded, it still feels cozy and private. Food was very good, service was exceptional. In fact, I wish I had our waitresses name to pass on to others. She was absolutely outstanding. Very easy to find, just barely off the main drag near the bridge. Even as tourists, we were treated very warmly. This is one place I feel truly fits the description of a bistro. Well worth a visit if you're in the area.

Been to Anthony J's Bistro? Share your experiences!