“A very pleasant surprise!”

Johnny's Peking Tokyo
Ranked #29 of 102 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We got to Mystic, and started looking through the menus of local restaurants online. When I saw that Johnny's had Peking duck, I wanted to give them a shot.

The food and drinks were both excellent. This was the best Peking duck that I have had in the past twenty years. The service was excellent, and the sashimi (my wife's choice) was as good as at my favorite sushi joint.

I will return when I return to Mystic!

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Off the charts sushi and Peking Duck! The sushi is the freshest. And the duck is crispy yet tender. Really fit for a foodie.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This restaurant offers an interesting fusion of Chinese and Japanese food. Some of the chef's unique sushis are a bit out there and I'm not sure how Japanese people would feel about them but it was entertaining. Prices are reasonable and portions are large, maybe too large in some cases like katstudon. We really enjoyed our meal.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Sat at sushi bar, given free app and dessert. Charged my iPhone at host stand and treated me like a regular. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We had a large order of take-out for 17 people and we all enjoyed the food. It was very fresh and tasted good.