“Mellow and welcoming” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mermaid Inn of Mystic

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mystic
Mermaid Inn of Mystic
Ranked #4 of 12 Mystic B&B and Inns
Wellington, New Zealand
“Mellow and welcoming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

This lovely, graceful historic house was spotlessly clean, and every home comfort had been thought of. Centrally located, t was easy to walk everywhere. When we told Josephine that we had to check out before breakfast, she got up very early and made us a packed breakfast for our journey....most unexpected and delicious.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Robyn G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Norwalk, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

My husband and I are more hotel people. We like to stay at hotels when traveling. For our mini babymoon, we decided to stay at the Mermaid Inn under the glowing recommendations from the fellow trip advisors. It was a really nice stay. The bed and breakfast had a very home-like feel. Josephine was extremely friendly and what won me over was the dining room. There was a plate of pecan, chocolate chip, oatmeal cookies, a bowl of freshly popped and well seasoned popcorn, and a bowl of freshly cut sweet pineapple. After dinner, we came back to a peach/apple tart that was better than any of the desserts at the restaurant. It was the perfect place for a short weekend getaway.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the 2 rooms upstairs with the en suite. There is one room upstairs with the bathroom...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Julie L
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

I thought the reviews were too good to be true, but no! This B&B is just lovely. It could not be more charming and well-kept. My husband and I enjoyed sitting on the porch swing at the end of the day--lovely setting. Josephine's breakfast in the gazebo was delicious and picturesque, and she even gave us a care bag for the road with cookies, apples and water--above and beyond! Great location as well. Easily walkable to downtown Mystic, and you can see the river from the porch!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank M T
Torrington, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

This was our second visit to the Mermaid Inn and I'm sure it won't be our last! This beautiful house is warm and inviting and Josephine, our hostess, is as well. The rooms are beautiful with hand painted murals and interesting pieces of art. Baths are modern and appointed with lush towels and soft robes, also stocked fridges (sweets, cold drinks, cognac) and dish TV.
This lovely woman bakes every day for our mid afternoon constitutional. Luscious cookies and fruit tarts with coffee and tea in the afternoon, a perfect pick-me-up.
Thank you, Josephine! We WILL be back!

Room Tip: There are only 3 rooms and they are all beautiful.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Robin R
Three Bridges, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

My husband and I stayed with Josephine for one night this March. We were the only ones in the house so it was very quiet. We stayed in the blue room. Very nice room-had a flat screen, full bed (well kept) and a new modern bathroom. Josephine had waters, coffee, and tea for us as we arrived, as well as cookies and peach pie. We ate a bunch of them and then ended up going back for seconds after our dinner! Breakfast was delicious. We were stuffed!!!! We would love to come back to the Mermaid Inn in the future. We had a wonderful time!

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Erin L
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

From the time we arrived till the time we left, Josephine was a terrific host; She made sure we felt home and took care of us with a spontaneous kindness. very accomodating, she is a great cook and the room (mermaid room) is very charming. go there, stay, and enjoy!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013

We stayed at Mermaid Inn for the weekend an thoroughly enjoyed it. Josephine was flexible about our arrival time, and had fresh-baked cookies ready to greet us when we arrived. She had also decorated our room in celebration of my husband's birthday. The Inn is spotless, and the Blue Room was lovely. Josephine was present but unobtrusive throughout our stay. The location is wonderful- right near the water. We went for runs along the water and within a mile we passed Mystic seaport and many quaint shops and restaurants. We also visited Mohegan, which is about 30 minutes away. The only very small critique we had of the hospitality regards the menu. I don't eat white flour, sugar or white potatoes (I know, I'm a pain), but because it was my birthday weekend (as well as my husband's) he had particularly tried to find somewhere that could accommodate our dietary restrictions. Josephine said it was no problem, but really, the vast majority of what she served, I could not have. On the second day, neither of the breakfast options were workable for me and no alternative was available. No problem - I had yogurt, gluten free toast and fruit, more than enough- but I know my husband was a little disappointed that I ended up eating "around" the menu. Overall, we were absolutely thrilled and would be happy to return in the future :)

• Stayed January 2013