“Loyal Mystic Holiday Inn Express Cutomer” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Mystic

Holiday Inn Express Mystic
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Mahopac, NY
“Loyal Mystic Holiday Inn Express Cutomer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2007

I have stayed here twice already and will be traveling back to the Mystic Holiday Inn Express July 2007. It is the only place I stay while in Mystic. I have been coming to Mystic once or twice a year since the mid 90's and the Holiday Inn Express is the best stay for the price.

I have stayed here once with the wife and kids and another time with just my wife. The standard suite is more than suitable for a family of four or five. I myself have a 3 year old and 1 month old (ages during my last stay). The room was perfect for my family. My wife and I celebrated her birthday by having a romatic night away and stayed here. We had a very nice suite equipped with an in-room whirlpool. The room even came with a complimentary bottle of Champagne. The cost of the night was only slightly more than a standard room.

The pool and complimentary breakfast were suitable. Upon reading other reviews complaining about the size of the pool and lack of food at breakfast makes me wonder if these people have ever heard the phrase, "you get what you pay for". If you are looking for a large indoor pool with a full breakfast buffet I'm happy to recommend the Hilton. You'll certainly pay the appropriate fee for your stay.

However, I do agree with one of the prior statements about the vending. It is very limited and should be changed to include more vending options. There is a supermarket hidden behind the Mystic Inn which is in walking distance from the Holiday Inn Express. It does close by 10pm so make sure you get what you need before then. Otherwise the Mobil Station at the bottom of the hill is open 24/7 with a full Convienient Mart. The only other gripe I have is the parking. Parking is a commodity by 11pm. If you arrive later than that you will be parking either in the rear of the hotel or somewhere near JAMMS Restaurant, if you're lucky.

All in all this is my favorite hotel in the Mystic area. My family loves it and I recommend it to all my friends, family and colleagues.

• Liked — Cost
  • Disliked — Parking after 10pm
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled with family
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank djnails

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mystic
Hampton Inn & Suites Mystic
Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa
Inn at Mystic
Inn at Mystic
#4 of 13 in Mystic

Been to Holiday Inn Express Mystic? Share your experiences!