I have stayed here twice already and will be traveling back to the Mystic Holiday Inn Express July 2007. It is the only place I stay while in Mystic. I have been coming to Mystic once or twice a year since the mid 90's and the Holiday Inn Express is the best stay for the price.
I have stayed here once with the wife and kids and another time with just my wife. The standard suite is more than suitable for a family of four or five. I myself have a 3 year old and 1 month old (ages during my last stay). The room was perfect for my family. My wife and I celebrated her birthday by having a romatic night away and stayed here. We had a very nice suite equipped with an in-room whirlpool. The room even came with a complimentary bottle of Champagne. The cost of the night was only slightly more than a standard room.
The pool and complimentary breakfast were suitable. Upon reading other reviews complaining about the size of the pool and lack of food at breakfast makes me wonder if these people have ever heard the phrase, "you get what you pay for". If you are looking for a large indoor pool with a full breakfast buffet I'm happy to recommend the Hilton. You'll certainly pay the appropriate fee for your stay.
However, I do agree with one of the prior statements about the vending. It is very limited and should be changed to include more vending options. There is a supermarket hidden behind the Mystic Inn which is in walking distance from the Holiday Inn Express. It does close by 10pm so make sure you get what you need before then. Otherwise the Mobil Station at the bottom of the hill is open 24/7 with a full Convienient Mart. The only other gripe I have is the parking. Parking is a commodity by 11pm. If you arrive later than that you will be parking either in the rear of the hotel or somewhere near JAMMS Restaurant, if you're lucky.
All in all this is my favorite hotel in the Mystic area. My family loves it and I recommend it to all my friends, family and colleagues.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Mystic Hotel. Hotel features include complimentary continental breakfast and free local phone calls. Enjoy a unique breakfast experience at our new Express Start Breakfast Bar served every morning featuring a selection of fruits, juices, cereals, breads/pastries, and even hardboiled eggs. We have also created the world's best tasting cinnamon roll. Visit Mystic, CT and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, IHG and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Mystic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Mystic Hotel Mystic
- Mystic Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Mystic