“Go Early or Be Patient”

B.F. Clyde's Cider Mill
Ranked #4 of 12 Tours in Mystic
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We went here on a busy, sunny Sunday afternoon. We wanted to see the cider press demonstration, so we looked up the demo times on their web page beforehand. We arrived about fifteen minutes before the demo started, so we were able to find a good place to watch. Definitely give yourself extra time for this part.

We sampled their hard cider, and bought regular cider and a dozen cider donuts as well. All of the products that we ate or drank there were absolutely delicious.

The only thing that I found slightly difficult was the line. It takes a decent amount of time before you can get into the store to purchase foods and beverages. We waited between a half hour and forty minutes. HOWEVER, it was a beautiful day, and we weren't in a hurry, so we just relaxed and enjoyed the sunshine while we stood in line. Most of the kids that we saw seemed to be having a good time.

In sum, this place is worth visiting. Plan ahead, try to do it on a nice day (it wouldn't be as fun on a rainy day), and don't go if you're on a tight schedule.

2  Thank MaineACK
in 8 reviews
"great place to visit"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We went during the week and I knew that we wouldn't see the cider press. It is just an old house that serves as a store. You can buy jams and jellies and some other items. Prices are more expensive than the shops in Mystic Village. We bought some cider wine but haven't opened them yet so I cannot rate that. We had the apple cider donuts and I really didn't taste anything special about them. They are 70 cents each and are small, three bites. They sell home made apple pies for $12.99 and I wanted to buy one but had no place to keep it since we were traveling. The people that work there are not that friendly. The women in the old shack that sells ornaments and things was very friendly. I wouldn't go out of my way to make a stop here but if you are in the area and want to buy some apple cider then this is the place to go.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Very nice place to take the family on a chilly weekend morning. Cider and donuts we delicious. Plenty of homemade items for sale. Hard cider and wine tastings available also. Was easy in and out when we arrived; ran into a couple later in the day who said the line to get into the store was wrapped around the building.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

The subject is a warning. If you go to this wonderland of apples... Where the air smells sweet with cider, cider doughnuts, wine and hard cider. You will be harrassed by the yellow jackets. But, you will also keep drinking your hot cider-- assuming the yellow jacket doesn't dive into the cup and drown. And, you will keep eating your doughnut, right after you try an out run that yellow jacket. Hahaha... I am not exaggerating in the slightest. That being said... I loved this place. It completed my birthday weekend celebration. The demonstartion is so cool to watch. The air perfumed with the freshly mulched apples, and the knowlegable and kind staff. Hard cider... did someone say yummy? I did the tasting of three, but, it was the beautifully dark "Blackout" that won my heart, and a place in my refrigerator. It warms the palette, the throat and the heart. I'm a southern girl, and this cider tasted like something from Kentucky. So, of course I had to buy it. I will return to this place, in the meantime... I wish I'd bought a gallon of Blackout instead of half. Hindsight is 20/20 they say. Go, enjoy, and watch out for the yellow jackets!

3  Thank Sundeevah