“Childhood Memories!”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Childhood Memories!”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

My sister used to take me here when we did outings to mystic! I miss doing these things with her and I miss living in CT! I remember the Cidar being so delicious and refreshing! Makes me think of the fall time, I get all teary eyed thinking about it,

Visited February 2013

East Hartford, Connecticut
158 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 223 helpful votes
“Thumbs up for the cider and cider donuts”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

My wife had been here previously in the late November timeframe, and she had a good visit and it was quiet. We went earlier this month and it was very crowded - lines out the front and back door. Thankfully, we felt it was worth the wait. The cider was excellent and so were the donuts. They also sell their own wines, which we got as gifts for a few people. Unfortunately, the cider press was closed for cleaning so we could see it.

Visited November 2013
Madison, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Apple Juice is not apple cider”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We usually go to Lapsley Orchards in Pomfret CT RT169.
I saw the ad in our Madison Source local newspaper and was amazed by the "old cider press" and talked my wife into going here instead of Lapsley Orchard.
The cider is not cider and after 2 weeks in the refrigerator I had to throw it out ; it started to ferment.
We spent $34.92. There was no apples to buy except for the drops!!!
The apple butter was not fresh tasting.
The apple syrup was like apple juice.
The mill was being cleaned and not running
We went to Lapsley Orchards after.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Edward J
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Great stop ”
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Had a great time watching them press the apples the food was great the apple cider and Apple cider jelly is great

Milford, CT
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Neat place to visit!”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We went on a Saturday and got there before 11a.m. for the first demonstration of the cider being made, it was busy but you still were able to see everything, take pictures and then after sample the hard cider (for those over 21 years of age). There is the general store to purchase fresh made apple cider, apple cider donuts and other items. There is also a nice little gift shop on the grounds.

Visited October 2013