“My favorite Mexican restaurant!!!”

Margaritas Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 99 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Hauppauge
“My favorite Mexican restaurant!!!”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This is my second time here and it did not disappoint. The margaritas are delicious!!! Service was great! We sat upstairs in a booth and it was nice. I had tacos and they were the best I've ever had. My husband ordered fish and said it was excellent!! Our waitress was so sweet, she made it a great night for us!!! Thank you!!!

• Visited October 2013

Addy, Washington
“Was Hoping For More”
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

Friend and I were in Mystic for first time and stopped here for dinner. We ordered margaritas, and my friend's raspberry margarita tasted chemically. We ordered dinner; my friend's chimichanga was passable; my enchiladas were worst I've ever had--soggy and with too much chili powder. I was hoping for more. As I don't live in CT, the chances of being back here is slim, but if I were to find myself back in Mystic, I would not choose this restaurant.

Norwich, Connecticut
“Great Tex-Mex”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Tio Juan's Margaritas is more commonly referred to as Margaritas. They have great tex-mex, huge portions and the food is always great. I have probably ate here a dozen times, and it is the only tex-mex place around.

If margaritas are your thing (they are not mine) they have normal classic margaritas and a ton of specialty ones.

Once a week they also have trivia in the bar upstairs. We accidentally stumbled across this one week and won. The regulars seemed upset by our presence and subsequent win.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Aaron D
Merrick, New York
“Put the Lime in the coconut & drink it all up”
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

Came here around 4:00 which was perfect since we had with us a baby & a few kids. It was relatively empty & perfect for our group. The service was excellent & the food was really good. I definitely loved the "lime in the coconut margarita". It was a fresh margarita w a hint of lime & coconut & just amazing. I had the chicken adobo fajitas which kicked traditional fajitas up a notch with the flavor profile.
It was our first stop in Mystic & we would definitely return again.

• Visited September 2013
Hillsborough, New Jersey
“Good food!”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

A nicely decorated and clean establishment. Food was great and well prepared, however, I would not recommend the sangria. The WORST I've ever had?? :( No taste at all...unless I just got them on a bad day or it was a very fresh batch. The burritos and fajitas were excellently prepared and very tasty. Generous portions as well and all college students get 1/2 price meals on Wednesdays too! ;)

• Visited August 2013