“Clean, Clean, and Very Comfotable”
Review of Hilton Mystic

Hilton Mystic
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Barnstable, Massachusetts
“Clean, Clean, and Very Comfotable”
Reviewed 20 May 2011

My husband and I searched all the Inn's and Hotels in Mystic CT before choosing the Hilton. For the place and location and price it seemed the best fit for us. We made our decision after checking the reviews in tripadvisor. I told my husband that the Hilton seemed the most promising.

Last week we arrived and were not disappointed. We were several hours early and our room wasn't ready. The very pleasant clerk suggested another room A free up grade. Instead of a room she had a suite with a Jacuzzi ready if we would like that. We did like it.
The room was large, bright, clean, and the bed was very comfortable. That evening we had dinner in the room and that was great.

Next time we are in Mystic we will again Book the Hilton. Just across the street from the Mystic Aquarium and Olde Mystic Village. -Mary Ann :)

Room Tip: Always see if you can get a FREE UPGRADE.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
HiltonMystic, Director of Sales at Hilton Mystic, responded to this review, 27 May 2011
Thank you very much for your feedback. We appreciate you taking time to let us know what you liked about our hotel. We look forward to having you back to the hotel when you return to Mystic, CT!

Amanda Silvia
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 14 May 2011

The hotel was centrally located across the street from the Aquarium, Starbucks and Old Mystick Village. My room was clean with Peter Roth bath products and free wireless internet access. The downside about the hotel was that my room was in the back. I had to make three right turns in order to get there. It felt like a journey. There should have been another elevator bank to access rooms on that wing. All in my stay was pleasant.

Room Tip: Ask for a room from x00 to x30 . . . less walking
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bklynami
We appreciate your comments about your recent stay at our property. I will be letting the staff know about the wonderful experience we provided for you! We hope to see you soon back at the Hilton Mystic in the near future!!
westchester, ny
Reviewed 27 April 2011

So many complaints! There are certainly some problems, like some worn and stained carpets, which is annoying because it is so easy to fix. But in general I found this hotel very well maintained and staffed. In fact, the staff was great, each and every person, on a busy weekend, and we threw every request parents with young kids can think of. I did not find this place noiser than other hotels of the same class. The pool was warm and clean and great for kids. The breakfast buffet was much better than I expected. The location cannot be beat. The only other regret I have was that their full service restaurant was not open all the time, and meals served at the bar were so-so. But we found excellent kid-friendly places all over downtown Mystic.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank suburbandad
saldridge076, Director of Sales at Hilton Mystic, responded to this review, 29 April 2011
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay. We will be reviewing your comments to pass along to our staff and look forward to your next stay with us in the near future.
nj
Reviewed 7 April 2011

Stayed at Hilton Mystic with 2 young children and husband this past week. Rooms were dirty and unkept. Updates needed badly through out, including pool area. No microwave or fridge in room, made it very difficult with 2 little ones. Hotel was nearly empty during the week, yet room was not made up until after 2pm.... hard when it is nap time.
Best part the kids enjoyed eating at the Sounding Lounge in the hotel. Limited menu, but good food.
Close to a lot of places.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank brysid
saldridge076, Director of Sales at Hilton Mystic, responded to this review, 19 April 2011
Thank you for your response regarding your recent stay at our property. We value your comments and will ensure that we will be consistent based upon the needs of the hotel you addressed.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 April 2011

We stayed at the red roof inn in New London one night for 45.99. Stayed at the hilton 2 nights for 169.99. Basically the same quality. Hotel ceiling in the room needs to be fixed. FREE Wireless internet didn't work when i called front desk about it she basically said oh well told me there was a number to call in the hotel directory for tech support which there wasn't... No fitted sheet on king bed only a sheet then another sheet, down comforter with no cover followed by another sheet. I found that to be really gross. When asked for a fitted sheet from housekeeping I was told they did not have any. Cobwebs in the window. Floor underneath sink in the bathroom was nasty and hadn't been cleaned. Tried to sleep in but between the sex heard through the paper thin walls and the very loud housekeepers in the hall using vulgar language there wasn't any way of sleeping in. First time staying at a hilton and will never pay the money to stay here when i can pay 45 to stay at a lower end hotel and receive better service! Casinos are a distance away. Went to have dinner at the moorings restaurant it was closed. Went to the bar area during what we saw was happy hour then when mentioned the man told us they no longer do happy hour was fine with that and he did give us half off app. When asked what time the restaurant opened we were told oh thats only for the summer and could order off a small menu there at bar. Very overpriced for the quality. Very unhappy with this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
saldridge076, Manager at Hilton Mystic, responded to this review, 4 April 2011
We appreciate and value your comments regarding your recent stay. We will be discussing your recent stay at our weekly quality assurance meeting to ensure that we will be consistent to the overall satisfaction of our guests.
CT
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Was at the hotel with eleven ladies for one night. It worked out great. It was clean and comfortable. Front desk associates were very friendly and helpful. Nice little bar and lounge area where we had before dinner drinks. All of us commented on how comfortable the beds were. The linen sheets were wonderful. We all had a good night sleep. We didn't eat here so I can't rate the food. The location is really good. You can walk to the aquarium and the village. However, you can't really walk into town. When I made the reservations the associate told me it is a 10-15 minute walk to downtown. It is not. Even in nice weather it would be a long walk. We had to drive to the dinner restaurant and bakery the next morning. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank LivvyMark
saldridge076, Director of Sales at Hilton Mystic, responded to this review, 4 April 2011
We appreciate your comments about your recent stay at our property. I will be letting the staff know about the wonderful experience we provided for you and your group. We hope to see you soon back at the Hilton Mystic in the near future.
ny
Reviewed 6 March 2011

I have stayed here in the past, this time I stayed for two nights. The hotel was empty because it was on the off season. During this stay, I went to the village located right across the hotel and really enjoyed it. It is filled with small shops, a cafe, a couple of restaurants, movie theatre, laundry services, mangos pizza which was pretty good,etc etc etc. Very enjoyable even on the off season. There is also an aquarium in walking distance, as well as a starbucks. I stayed here to go to the casinos, but for those who are not gamblers or have small children, these attractions will keep you busy. The hotel itself has 4 floors, I did not have any issues with noise, it was empty on thursday, and packed on friday, still quiet on both nights. The hotel does have a gym, it is open 24 hours, an indoor pool that closes at 10pm. I had free breakfast coupons that I received for being a Hilton Honors member(sign up, its free and you earn rewards), but was never told breakfast ended at 9:30 am (weekdays) so I could not take advantage of it. A little information I think was important to know, it wasn't a big deal because there was a starbucks across the street. My husband ate at the hotel restaurant bar one night and absolutely loved the food, from a critical eater, I would recommend trying their bar/dinner food. Overall a decent stay.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple