“What a great hotel!”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Connecticut
“What a great hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

This was one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed at. The rooms were bright and spotless, the beds were SO comfortable! There was a gym in the hotel which we used and it had all the equipment I could have hoped for as well as headphones to use. The pool looked clean but we did not use it. Plenty of parking and right across from Mystic Aquarium! Of course Mystic Ct is a wonderful town and we enjoyed walking around downtown (you have to drive- not within walking distance from the hotel) The lobby was clean and bright, the staff was nice, it is a huge hotel. We even got the morning paper outside our door! Will keep looking for Hilton Hotels when we travel, even if it is a little higher priced than others. We did not try the restaurant in the hotel but will another time, as we will go back again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
HiltonMystic, Front Office Manager at Hilton Mystic, responded to this review, 29 December 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some valubule feedback from your stay at the Hilton Mystic. We understand that as a guest; you have numerous options to where you can stay while you are away from home and we truly appreciate that you have selected us. I am happy to see we were able to exceed your expectations. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

I came here even though I read some not so nice reviews on Tripadvisor. I have to say that we didn't find anything wrong with this hotel. If you are looking for a five star hotel on the ocean go to Maui. If you're looking for a nice place to stay while you explore Mystic Seaport and Mystic Aquarium, then this place is perfect. Both attractions are very close to the hotel so its very convenient. The room was spotless, as was the bathroom. The furniture looked fairly new. We had a big screen TV with cable. Also has free wifi which was nice so I could FaceTime my kids on my iPad. We got the bed and breakfast package which included breakfast. The meal was very good. We had the breakfast buffett both mornings and not only was there a nice variety the food was hot and delicious. The staff was also very friendly and nelpfull. If I have anything negative to say its that the bed was just a little too soft for me only because I have back problems and I need a firm mattress. My wife didn't seem to mind at all.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is away from the elevator and on the top floor if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some valubule feedback from your stay at the Hilton Mystic. We understand that as a guest; you have numerous options to where you can stay while you are away from home and we truly appreciate that you have selected us. I am happy to see we were able to make your stay a pleasant one. We hope to see you again soon.
Lincoln Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

I had business on the CT & Rhode Island border so I booked a room at the Hilton Mystic without having any prior knowledge of it. I was pleasantly surprised by the high quality of the room and comfort of the hotel. I would definitely stay there again if business finds me in the same area. Very good service and a nice restaurant right onsite.

Room Tip: Make sure to tell the front desk if you don't want to walk far for your room as this is a low fl...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank cniemec926
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some valubule feedback from your stay at the Hilton Mystic. We understand that as a guest; you have numerous options to where you can stay while you are away from home and we truly appreciate that you have selected us. I am very happy to see that your stay with us was pleasant. We hope to see you again should your travels take you to Mystic.
Harleysville, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

Staff very helpful. Rooms are very nice. One mile from Mystic Seaport. prices a little high but expected due to it's location. Other hotels nearby. I would stay there again but would also compare prices with the Holiday Inn nearby.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank BusdriverPhil
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some valubule feedback from your stay at the Hilton Mystic. We understand that as a guest; you have numerous options to where you can stay while you are away from home and we truly appreciate that you have selected us. I am happy to see that we were able to make your stay comfortable. We hope to see you again soon.
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

bedroom clean and bed very comfortable with plenty of space and clean large towels. Decor a little tired.Staff very pleasant but breakfast disappointing because obviously prepared for early coach parties and not refreshed so lukewarm by 9a.m. We had to ask for milk and bowls.The Friendlys down the road is much better and gives discount to hotel guests.

Room Tip: Bedrooms on fourth floor are better as away from noise of coach parties leaving early.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gandrrobinson
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some valubule feedback from your stay at the Hilton Mystic. We understand that as a guest; you have numerous options to where you can stay while you are away from home and we truly appreciate that you have selected us. I am happy to see that we were able to meet your expectations. We will be rennovating within the next year. We hope you will stay with us again soon.
Port Washington, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

This hotel would not still be open if it wasn’t for the staff; it’s the only positive thing.

The major issue is the cleanliness. At first, the room appears clean, but on a second look, I noticed several carpet stains, carpet unraveling at seams, large stains on chair and ottoman, mold in bathtub and on bottom of shower curtain. It is an insult that management thought this room was acceptable for guests. All these problems are easily fixed, stains on carpet/chair can be steamed, shower curtain washed. I used a washcloth with soap and water on the carpet stains and it looked better.

Being that this hotel is across the street from the aquarium, it attracts young children like ours. My children like to play on the floor; even though I put a blanket down, I still felt the floor was too dirty even w/ the blanket. The pool was no reprieve, not even in the water, the chlorine burned our eyes, and slippery green mold decorated the outside tile floor. My kids (who are five) normally love the water and after one splash in the hotel pool, they didn’t want to go back into the pool.

Although the bed was comfortable and the AC/Heat worked, it was loud. The noise was due to the shaking of the plastic outer covering. I was able to reduce the rattling by pushing chair and ottoman against ac/heating unit. After I solved this problem, somewhere outside of our room an alarm started randomly going off. No sleep for us...

The dinner at the restaurant was awful. My meal was a piece of fish covered in a whole container of yellow mustard, discussing but the service was wonderful.

Although Jeff Plonsky, Front Office Manager at Hilton Mystic, responds to reviewers by saying “I want to let you know that we are planning a renovation fairly soon.” Many of the above issues can be easily fixed this just basic up keep.
I will not return and nor will I recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank s r
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some valubule feedback from your stay at the Hilton Mystic. We understand that as a guest; you have numerous options to where you can stay while you are away from home and we truly appreciate that you have selected us. I apologize for not delivering the expectations that you and I expect during your stay at our hotel. I appreciate you have taken the time to relay information to us. Your feedback is important to us and I will be sure to bring this up to our managment team in our weekly meeting.
Chester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

attentive and courteous staff. rooms were clean and the hotel is conveniently located to area attractions and resturants.

• Stayed October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some valubule feedback from your stay at the Hilton Mystic. We understand that as a guest; you have numerous options to where you can stay while you are away from home and we truly appreciate that you have selected us. I am happy to see that you had a clean and convenient experience. We hope to see you again soon.