“Beautiful, clean hotel”

Residence Inn Mystic Groton
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stayed at the Residence Inn for 2 nights in July. This hotel was recently renovated, and it is beautiful. We had a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suite, complete with a living room, fire place, and small kitchen. The rooms were very quiet and spacious; free continental breakfast was nice for grabbing something on the go. The hotel is close to Mystic attractions, although nothing is really within walking distance, so be prepared to drive. My only complaint about the hotel was that parking seemed to be limited, and a few times we had to circle around to try to find a spot.

Customer service was great-- housekeeping even mailed me back a book that I left behind during my stay :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
WHGGuestService, Manager at Residence Inn Mystic Groton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank you for sharing your review with the Tripadvisor community. I’m very happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms, I’ll be sure to let our associates know of your kind words. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 August 2013

My husband and I stayed here a couple weeks ago for a night and it was a most pleasant stay. We have absolutely no complaints whatsoever. Check-in was smooth with no wait. The front desk agent was very nice, as well as other staff that we encountered. The hotel and our room were nicely updated with a fresh, modern feel. Our room was very spacious, clean, and comfortable, and it was nice having a little kitchenette in the room. We liked that they offer free WiFi, complimentary breakfast, and even a complimentary dinner --- something I've never seen another hotel have, though we didn't partake in it. Parking was difficult to find late at night though, so when we returned from our dinner, we had to circle around a bit until we found the one available spot left in the parking lot and it was nowhere near our room, but this didn't really bother us too much. An extra few steps were just what we needed after a big dinner anyway. ;-) All in all, it was a perfect, very comfortable stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel and loved it. It was clean & large enough for the two of us. It also had a small kitchen! The front desk employee Lou was also very helpful. I recommend this hotel & will stay there again if I ever have the need. Thanks again Lou(female) for all your help!! MaryBeth

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Hi MaryBeth, Thank you for sharing your review with us! I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Residence Inn Mystic, I’ll be sure to let Louise know of your kind words, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 August 2013

We stayed at this Residence Inn by Marriott on 8/20/2013. When we checked in, the night desk clerk, Justin, was very professional and the paperwork took less than a minute. He explained the breakfast hours, as well as the evening light meal (all complimentery) and we left for our room. The suite was recently upgraded and was spotless. Breakfast was a real hot meal with everything fresh and hot when we got to the breakfast room. Even the plastic silverware was very strong, not the wimpy knife and fork you normally use and break as soon as you try to butter your bagel. Sausage, eggs, and waffles were fantastic. I also noticed many hotel staff going about their business of maintaining the hotel. Very friendly people. If you're in the Mystic, CT area, stay at this hotel You'll be very impressed!

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor, facing the rear, beautiful woods, and very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your review with us! I’m very happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and our complimentary breakfast. I’ll be sure to let Justin know of your kind words. We hope to see you again the next time you’re in Mystic!

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We spent a night in Mystic during the 4th of July holiday weekend and ended up selecting this hotel because most hotels in the area were booked. I wish we could have stayed a bit closer to the seaport area, but the hotel is just a short drive away.

We didn't spend much time in the hotel, other than to sleep, but I have no complaints, as it was clean, comfortable and offered free parking, which was an added bonus. There is also free breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lissy G

Thank you for sharing your review with us, I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and location in relation to the great attractions in Mystic, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 August 2013

The pool was disgusting. The hotel front desk was cordial - one of the more friendly front desks in the mystic area. The room was ok, it appeared clean but had hair balls in the dresser drawer. We had to go outside to get from our room to the front desk an pool...ok in the summer, but would be an issue in the winter. They did have free breakfast and manager engagements in the evening (we aren't into that so I can't comment on the quality...but a lot of people did go.)

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
WHGGuestService, Manager at Residence Inn Mystic Groton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Thank you for your candid review Tara. I’m very sorry that our pool did not meet your expectations and there were other shortcomings during your stay with us. I’ve shared your comments with the associates responsible for the areas in question and they will be addressing the issues.

Your feedback enables our team to constantly improve and make the stay for the next guest that much better. Again, thank you for your comments. I do hope that should you return to Mystic that you allow us the privilege to host your family again. I’m confident we can provide a superior experience if given the opportunity.

Anthony Covino

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Sheets on the rollaway bed were stained and had holes. It was terrible!! The furniture and all amenities were so outdated and in desperate need of renovation. I would not rate this place above 2 stars. Not impressed with Front desk when I asked if my stay could be added on to my Marriott rewards. They turned their nose up and said because I booked on Expedia, it won't count??? Since when??

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Fufu2112

Thank you leaving your review on TripAdvisor for our hotel. I appreciate all the feedback and comments that we receive from TripAdvisor members. Because of your feedback, we will inspect our rollaway bedding to be sure it meets the high standards that our guests expect.

I would like to take this opportunity to note that we are currently undergoing a complete renovation. Our public spaces are complete and we’re currently moving through our guestrooms to upgrade them with fresh décor and bedding. In the near future, our guests will see a dramatic change in our guestrooms that we’re very excited about.

Finally, I would like to remind our TripAdvisor readers that Marriott Rewards points are earned by booking direct on Marriott.com or by calling Marriott directly. Other websites do not qualify for Rewards point distribution as outlined in the Rewards terms and conditions in section 9 under “Earn Points.” Our guests will always find the best rates and earn points when booking on our Marriott website.

Again, thank you for your feedback and letting us know how we can improve.

Anthony Covino