“Find a vacuum cleaner!”

Residence Inn Mystic Groton
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I paid for Midpriced hotel and got a budget type.the shower was broken.the floor was not cleaned daily.trash not removed daily.parking lot being paved but very slowly. Parking lot 4 ft fr window.
I did stay several days f convenience only. Will stay near Foxwoods 7 mi away in future.

Room Tip: Mystic has become a tourist trap so hoteliers don't try hard- Foxwoods is 8 mi away so try there
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
WHGGuestService, Manager at Residence Inn Mystic Groton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for your recent review. I deeply regret the experiences you encountered while staying at our hotel and offer my sincere apology. Your experiences are certainly not typical of the stays we provide.

After receiving your review, I shared your comments with my maintenance and housekeeping team. They too were disappointed that we let you down. We’re using your feedback to fix some problems and are also conducting additional training to refresh all our associates on proper procedures.

I appreciate that you brought this matter to my attention and I want to underscore for you and our future guests that I have personally taken action to ensure this problem does not occur again. I do hope that you can give us one more chance during your next Mystic-area visit to impress you. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Please contact me directly at the hotel if you wish to speak in more detail about your stay.

Anthony Covino

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Pros - very convenient location (next to aquarium, Mystic Village, restaurants, etc.)
-Front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating (had pre-printed directions, gave us toothpaste, etc)
-Asked for a roll-away bed - it was ready in the room when we arrived.
-Room/bathroom were clean and tidy when we arrived

Cons - breakfast was packed each morning; long lines and/or ran out of food (get there early) - the food and selection, however, was very good and super convenient.
-We stayed for 2 nights. The 1st full day we were there, we left at 8 AM and didn't come back until 3 PM. When we came back up to the room, room service hadn't been there yet. We had to put our daughter down for a nap, so never had an opportunity to have them come. We were disappointed that they didn't come earlier in the day (prior to 3 PM, when we returned).
-We were put in a room next to the elevator, which was noisy. Next time would recommend being further away.
-We traveled with 3 kids. The room is a tighter squeeze for 3 kids and 2 adults than we thought it was going to be, but we made do.
-Pool was packed (school vacation, so not surprising), and it was so chlorinated that we (parents) couldn't stay long - it irritated our eyes so much

Overall, the hotel was a very good experience - if we were to come back to Mystic again, we would stay here.

Room Tip: We were put next to the elevator, which was noisy - woudn't do that again
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We spent 2 nights at residence inn, our room was very clean, quiet, and comfortable. Our children loved the pool and buffet breakfast especially waffle machine! Very kid friendly! Only complaint we requested an early check in, and I understand this cannot always be accommodated, however the our room was also not ready for 4:00 check in time, my husband and I asked several times and finally our room was ready! We also had to ask many times for a crib we requested and also for extra blankets and sheets. Understandably it was school vacation week, however the hotel should have staffed up to anticipate for business of spring break.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 24 April 2014

As always, the Residence Inn did not disappoint. The location was great - a very short hop to the aquarium and seaport. The staff was wonderful - friendly and accommodating. We love these hotels - the room space, the amenities, the comfort of the lobby and dining areas, etc. All great for a family; a nice home-away-from-home. What I noticed at this location... they don't recycle. I could not find one recycling bin on the premises. We went down for "Italian night light supper" and had dinner on plastic plates, plastic utensils, plastic cups. No complaints about the plastic - it all went into the trash. Next morning, breakfast - same drill - all plastic and into the trash. Really? In the rooms, there are full kitchens, and...no recycling bins. Sends a message, and not in a good way.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main building, which was convenient to the pool.
1  Thank Jane S
Reviewed 8 April 2014

In Mystic for a wedding and did some sightseeing in area as well. This hotel is conveniently located right off I-95. There are good amenities nearby. The hotel is clean, nicely managed. I had no complaints at all. The comp breakfast was delicious with a good assortment of menu items to please just about everyone. I would stay here again and recommend it highly if you're visiting the area or driving through and in need a good place to stay.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

What an excellent place to stay. Although the price is high (but not for this state), the ammenities were fabulous. The breakfast varied slightly from morning to morning and was never lacking in options. The pool was clean as well as the hot tub/sauna. The workout room had two treadmills and an eliptical.
The room was lacking an oven but that was just an assumption I made. Otherwise it was sufficiently supplied.
The staff, from the Front Desk to the cleaners and most especially the chef's were fantastic.
Great Place to stay - we will stay here our next time in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Checked in after a long ride and everything was ready to roll. I believe it was Geoffrey at the desk and he was polite and quick in helping us get up to our room. The room itself was perfect for our group of 5 having two bedrooms and a living room with a pull out couch. The kitchen that was stocked with cups, plates and bowls was a very pleasant surprise for the group. Bathrooms are a little small but nothing that is too tough to get past. Breakfast layout gets a little crowded in the morning, tough to move along and get exactly what you want wit people waiting on the toaster and coming back up for more juice. If you're up for Foxwoods but aren't staying right at the casino this hotel is only about a 10-15 minute taxi ride (which is very hit or miss in our experience with Yellow Cab which was recommended by the hotel) this hotel will do the trick. Though for the price after a couple tax trips, it might make sense to just stay right at the casino if you find the right room!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jeff G
WHGGuestService, Manager at Residence Inn Mystic Groton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for your comments. Birthdays are such special occasions and I am happy to hear we made your birthday special. Jeffrey will be so happy to hear your comments; I cannot wait to share your kind words.

Thank you again for the wonderful feedback!

Anthony Covino,