“Hyatt nice place!”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
new york
“Hyatt nice place!”
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Fantastic arrival at the front desk! thorough explanation of hotel & surrounding area, Clean, modern & pretty lobby! Friendly & efficient staff. Breakfast included was fine. Rooms big and clean with mini fridge. Only drawbacks were the small bathroom & the very uncomfortable bed!

Stayed January 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We considered a few alternatives, and this hotel has the best value. Walking distance to attractions, plaza and dining, free breakfast, nice room with couch. The best dining option was a short 15-20 min ride to Foxwoods Casino & Mohegan Sun (30 min). The only downside - no inside pool.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt Place Mystic in Dec 2013. My husband and I reserved a King bed room. We really liked the room. It was clean, spacious, and relaxing looking. Nice bed, Big TV, nice size shower. The customer service was fine at the desk. The complaints: First the noise level was horrible! We could hear everyone that walked/talked/yelled in the hallway. We could also hear our neighbors speaking - it didn't seem as they were yelling. When looking at the door, it wasn't sealed. There was a good 1.5 inch gap at the bottom of the door. This needs to be remedied. The noise level was just too much. We kept getting woken up at night due to other patrons coming home. Another problem: The housekeeping staff. We were only there 2 nights, so we didn't want housekeeping. We put the Do No Disturb sign up when we left in the morning, when we came back after lunch (around 1ish), we laid down for a nap (after being so tired from the noisy night before- and note the sign's still on door). We were woken by the housekeeping, not once...but THREE times. They knocked, we said no thank you. Ten minutes later, same thing. The third time I went into the hallway and yelled at the maid. To me (a light sleeper) that was completely unacceptable! Why were they even knocking on the door when the sign was up?! The noise and housekeeping really brought the rating down. I considered giving it only 2 stars, but it was clean and nicely kept. Very disappointed for the cost (150/night before taxes).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
NY
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed at this Hyatt Place for the first time, Have stayed at the Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun previously. I am really impressed with the Hyatt Place and I will always look for these hotels when i travel. Nice room but the couch need to be changed. The cushions were pretty worn down. The bed was very comfortable. Shower was big compared to the rest of the bathroom, but I can live with that. The front desk was not as friendly as the front desk at the Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun (see previous review). The breakfast was...ok. Nothing to write home about. On the first day the pancakes were hard as a rock. I showed my wife the sound it made when banged on the table. They replace them with french toast, but they were gone in a second and not replaced. The next day the waffles looked good, but when I asked for sugar free syrup (diabetic here), they looked at me like I had 3 heads. How difficult would it be to go to a grocery store and spend $1.50 to satisfy a lot of your guest. I am positive that I wasn't the only guest to ask for sugar free syrup. I was told by the front desk that the breakfast was going to be revamped in the future....really? The fruit salad was again excellent as in the other Hyatt Place.I was also not a happy camper about having microwave oatmeal (I remember the Mohegan Sun Hyatt Place having regular oatmeal...I could be wrong). The individual cold cereal had a good variety. Sorry to spend so much time on the breakfast, but that tells me a lot about the hotel. Lobby was clean as was the rest of the hotel. I would stay there again, but bring my own syrup next time.

Room Tip: Bring your own sugar free syrup if you are diabetic
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed 11 December 2013

My son & daughter-in-law were married in Stonington/Mystic & we blocked quite a few rooms at the Hyatt Mystic. Everything was handled very professionally and the entire staff could not have treated us any better than they did. The rooms were beautiful, had a sleeping plus lounging area with large TV, the complimentary breakfast was delicious & everyone from the front desk to housekeeping were excellent. It was a pleasure staying there & Stephanie in group sales worked with us for over six months to insure that our guests from all over the country were able to get the type of room that they wanted. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again & am very grateful that the Hyatt staff helped make our wedding weekend even better!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
East Hampton, New York
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stayed there about a year and a half ago (I had to choose March 2013 as our travel date for this review but it was a year earlier). The food was delicious and the staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. The rooms were clean and spacious. I was most impressed with the professionalism of the manager, Sharon, who was so helpful in taking care of us and going above and beyond the call of duty. It is a perfect location. I have nothing to gripe about, just wish they had an indoor pool.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank OntheFlyGuy
North Plainfield, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Hotel was pretty modern and the room was functional and clean. The sitting area in a King sized room was really spacious. TV was a great size and pivotal for viewing anywhere in the room. Bar area is small and very limited. There are cookies and hot cocoa offered in the evening time. A small variety of delicious looking snacks and Starbucks coffee are also offered for a fee. The complimentary breakfast was a bit better than "continental breakfasts" offered at other hotels. The location is really great for a visit to Mystic Seaport. It is right off the highway, which is ultra-convenient. There is a shuttle for the area casinos for $15 per person, but the times are very limited. So why was this excellent? Andy and Jaime at the front desk are phenomenal people. They gave area recommendations, offered to assist us with everything and were so friendly and fun to talk to. This was a great visit because of them.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple