“Excellent value for what you get!”
Review of Hyatt Place Mystic

Hyatt Place Mystic
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I was pleasantly surprised to have found a Hyatt for the price I paid and this one did not disappoint. Upon arriving, we were checked in by Andrew who was extremely friendly and helpful. He actually made us feel like guests in his own home! The lobby area was beautifully decorated. When we got to our room, we opened the door to find it was almost "suite-like" with a separate sitting area, complete with an L-shaped sofa, table and desk. The beds were very comfortable and the TV swiveled toward both the seating and bed areas. The breakfast wasn't huge but they had tasty egg, meat and biscuit sandwiches, fresh fruit salad, and the typical carbs. Better than your average continental. The coffee bar was opened all the time, serving Starbucks coffees with syrups. We didn't have time to explore the business area, bar, food offerings, or gym. Very close to Old Mistick village and the aquarium and seaport. Many restaurants within walking distance and the hotel is right off the highway. This property will definitely make me pay more attention to Hyatt when I travel.

Room Tip: I just booked a regular room and it was huge!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mickeyjunkie
HyattPlaceMystic, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your most recent stay at the Hyatt Place Mystic. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed our decorative lobby, oversized guest rooms and conveient location to local area attractions and restaurants. I will personally pass along your kind words regarding Andrew's service, thank you! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

This was a comfortable and convenient place. Rooms were well-appointed with separate sleeping and living areas. The free breakfast is a buffet with good food and many choices. Location was convenient to restaurants and other areas of interest. Staff is very helpful, and it is quite a good value.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TuffNFair

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Mystic. It is always a pleasure to hear that our spacious rooms, complimentary breakfast and convenient location are memoriable and worthy of mention to fellow travelers looking for such amenities. We appreciate your kind words and certainly look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Looked for the local number for this highly rated place, but could only find the 800 number. Called it and explained I had three adults and two children for a two-night stay and could I get adjoining rooms. I was told "We'll make the request." When I asked for queen size beds, I was told I could only have two doubles. When I explained I needed queen size beds and adjoining rooms. I was told they couldn't accommodate me and disconnected the call. What kind of customer service is that??

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank RALPH H

I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. I was severally disheartened to hear that the representative that you spoke with was neither compassionate nor attentive to your request for adjoining rooms. Although our property only has kings or 2 double bed room accommodations, explaining this to you would have been the professional and effective means of customer service. In hopes that you will allow us to be of serve to you in the future, please call us directly at 860-536-9997 ext. 0. Our helpful Gallery Hosts are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to address all requests and preferences for our guests. Please allow me to apologize for the manner in which your call was handled. I assure you this is not typical of the Hyatt Place Mystic, and if you are ever to return to the area, we hope that you will give our hotel another try. Again, my apologies for your encounter.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

From the moment we arrived at Hyatt Place, Mystic, CT, we were made to feel that the staff really appreciated our choosing their hotel. We were given a tour of the amenities surrounding the lobby, shown where the complimentary breakfast would be served, and invited to use the microwave there at any time. Our room was immaculately clean, and spacious, including two double beds separated by a partial wall from a comfortable sitting area. The sofa could accommodate additional guests, though we did not require its use in that capacity. There was a sink, with a safe in the cupboard below it, as well as a small refrigerator, and a coffee maker (which we did not use, as Starbucks coffee was available at breakfast). The staff at reception also provided a list of area restaurants, and a map of the local area. The beds were extremely comfortable, and the spotless bathroom, and free wifi, plus flat screen TV which could be seen from both the sofa and the bed, all combined to make our stay most enjoyable. If staying in Mystic again, I would certainly plan on staying at the Hyatt Place.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor at the end of the hallway, with a front view. I like being a good...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CDwheels

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay at the Hyatt Place Mystic. Your positive comments are greatly appreciated, it is a pleasure to know the effort we put in to making your stay as pleasant and enjoyable as possible is recognizable. We hope that we can be of serve to you in the future.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Excellent front desk customer service. Recently remodeled with clean, spacious rooms. Walking up 3 flights of stairs with luggage from the parking lot to the hotel was a headache. Overall, great stay. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank badkinz
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My friend and I had a "girls getaway" weekend recently at the Hyatt Place in Mystic. It was like being in a comfortable home, mostly because of the way we were looked after by Jamie, the front desk supervisor. She went above and beyond for us on a miserable, snowy afternoon and evening. All of the staff was great, but she was exceptional. She also did something I've never seen an employee do. We left a tip after our dinner and she put it in the tip jar--not her own pocket.
Every step of the way, we felt we had our own guardian angel looking out for us. Amazingly everyone else who was there that weekend felt the same way. Thanks, Jamie, for making our little hiatus so pleasant.
We'll be back.

Room Tip: Our room was fine. Had a great view of the rocky hills in the back, so it was very private.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bri_nate
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Just returned from my second stay here and enjoyed it to the fullest. This is one hotel that really provides personal service and they really care about their guests. If I did have one complaint it was that our wakeup call didn't happen and we missed breakfast which I have had in the past and enjoyed. I think we should have been compensated but that would absolutely NOT be a reason that I wouldn't stay here again.Upon check in, we were greeted by a warm and friendly gallery host, unfortunately I forgot her name. She really made us feel welcome and actually asked us what floor we wanted to be on. This place was immaculate from the rooms to the lobby. I am one of the fussiest people when it comes to cleanliness and this room was one of the cleanest I have ever had. I like this hotel because you really get your moneys worth. Theres no charge for WIFI and breakfast and there is a business center, also completely free of charge, To me that really is important when traveling. I don't like to spend a ton of money to get nothing for it. The beds were extremely comfortable and I really love that the rooms are like a suite with either a king or two doubles with a sleeper sofa. The rooms are massive. I can't wait to return again!

Room Tip: The hotel is only 3 floors although I have never stayed on the 1st floor, I would assume it can get...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends