“Great place to stay”
Review of Hyatt Place Mystic

Hyatt Place Mystic
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Hyatt Place in Mystic proved to be a visitor friendly, comfortable and welcoming hotel. Upon my late arrival I was offered a beverage during check-in, something I greatly appreciated. The accommodations were comfortable, clean and pleasant, the staff friendly and went out of their way to please. I will certainly return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
HyattPlaceMystic, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Traveler:

Thank you for posting a review on your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Mystic.

It was a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you received the utmost customer service from our staff, as we strive to provide just that for each and every one of our valued guests.

We certainly look forward to seeing you again in the near future, we truly appreciate your business.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Mystic

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We spent 2 nights here last week. We had an excellent time! My girls loved the outdoor pool! The breakfast is included and pretty good. It is centrally located. Short drive to aquarium and seaport. You can walk to old Mystick Village. There are a couple of restaurants in walking distance of the Hyatt. Ten clams is a great place for lunch! Mystic pizza was great for lunch too! S&P Oyster co. was excellent for dinner! There is a perfect view of the bridge from inside as well as on the deck of this restaurant! Wonderful short
getaway!!!

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Ms. Tara:

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide a review on your stay at the Hyatt Place Mystic.

I am so glad you and your family enjoyed their stay, and our location was convenient for your travel itinerary. Judging by your restaurant suggestions, it would appear you got the best of what Mystic has to offer for dining in the area!

It was such a pleasure having you stay with us, and we certainly hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you again!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I were there for a wedding weekend. The check-in was flawless; the room was very large, very quiet, and the bed very comfortable. The only negatives were a very awkward and tiny closet and small bathroom. The included breakfast was fine with many choices.
My husband became ill and needed emergency care. The staff told us of a huge fireworks exhibit in New London and advised we go to a nearby urgent care affiliated with the hospital. They said an ambulance would transport him if necessary. All true plus great care at the urgent care.
As I moved through the wedding weekend and my husband's illness the staff bent over backwards to assist me. They clipped the strings on my dress that I couldn't reach, they greeted me warmly every night and they helped me through every step. Each and every one was just fabulous! They should be congratulated on their training. Thanks, Hyatt Mystic.

Dear Ms. Jane:

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review on your stay at the Hyatt Place Mystic.

It seems as though you had quite an eventful weekend, with a sudden illness and all the while having a wedding to attend. I was so glad to hear that everything worked out for you, and you received such stellar customer service from our Gallery Hosts throughout your stay. We pride ourselves on offering a home away from home for our guests, and it was a pleasure to provide that for you.

Your generous compliments are greatly appreciated, and we hope to be of service to you again in the near future. Thank you!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had three rooms for a family vacation. The rooms were spacious, spotless, and huge, Each room would be called a suite or junior suite in other properties. Everything in the hotel felt brand new! We were right near the elevator and heard no hallway noise at all. The pool was wonderful. The staff was the best we have encountered in any hotel. Danielle and Andrew were the ultimate professionals and extremely caring. They were extremely knowledgeable and helpful with reservations and follow ups. When I had dinner with my grandchildren in the Galley, Andrew treated them like royalty! Equally attentive, friendly, helpful, and professional were Mikayla, Jennifer, and Kendra. Everyone was so genuinely glad to be of help. The complimentary breakfast was excellent, varied, and well-stocked, and of high quality. Stylish melamine dishes rather than the usual paper variety added an upgraded touch while being good for the environment..During the day there was always a complimentary "treat" (cookies, popcorn),as well as sodas, water, and iced tea in the breakfast area (guest kitchen). A sensible alternative to room serivce or neighborhood delivery was the 24/7 Galley from which food was cooked to order, picked up by you, and either taken back to the room or eaten in the breakfast area or any of the cozy little alcoves in the looby (with tables). The hotel is minutes away from the Aquarium the Seaort, and many, many restaurants of all kinds. If .we are ever in this area again we would choose no other place to stay than this warm and welcoming Hyatt Place. BRAVO!

Dear Traveler:

Thank you for posting such a positive review on your stay at the Hyatt Place Mystic.

It was such a pleasure to hear you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. We strive for guest satisfaction and it would appear we have hit our mark! I will be passing along your generous comments regarding the customer service you received to the Host names you have mentioned, thank you for that.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future, it was wonderful having you stay with us.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here two nights. Upon arriving, we couldn't get near the front entrance to check-in due to some driveway patch work being done there, as well as willy-nilly, throughout the entire parking area. I had to park approx. 100 yards away in a lower lot to avoid this activity and the dust and dirt literally being strewn about by the crew performing this repair. The next morning, my vehicle was covered in a film of grime. The young lady who checked us in copped an attitude when I mentioned the parking situation and the fact that I wasn't happy about having to hump my luggage that distance from the lot after being on the road for over 8 hours. Suffice it to say that I wanted to leave this place right then and there; however, my wife quickly reminded me that our two day stay was prepaid wherein a discount rate had been applied. Moving on. Our room was nice and clean but the toilet seat was loose and the air conditioner was unusually noisy when cycling, which it did frequently throughout the night. A "hot" breakfast was included in our stay; however, the waffles that were served on the 1st day and the pancakes that were served on our 2nd day were anything but. They're pre-made and laid out in advance wherein they turn into a nasty cardboard-like concoction. That said, the rest of the offerings were more than sufficient. Bottom line, for a so-called "discounted rate" of $345.94, I expected better, to say the very least. Color me disappointed...

Room Tip: Ask for a front-facing room as there is nothing but woods in back of the hotel...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank McVaugh

Dear Traveler:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post a review on your stay at the Hyatt Place Mystic.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

My husband & I along with our 6 year old daughter stayed at the Hyatt last evening. Let me start by saying we had a wonderful time. The purpose of our trip was to visit the Mystic Seaport & Aquarium for 1 day prior to heading to the Jersey Shore. The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance to the Aquarium, Seaport, Old Mistick Village & many restaurants. Our room was fantastic for families. There's a divider btwn the large sofa pull out bed & the King bed. U can watch TV from either side if u like. The room is large enough to have several children sleep in and to have a pack and play set up. I had a "white noise" App on my phone to help diminish any hallway noise. We had a good night sleep & I found the King Bed comfortable. The sofa bed was a bit thin & uncomfortable but my daughter had no complaints & she was the one sleeping in it. The complementary breakfast overall was good and what I expected for an expanded continental breakfast that was included in the room rate. There was English Muffins, toast, oatmeal packets (I would have liked the oatmeal to be made already but that's my own preference), breakfast sandwiches made to order, fruit salad, apples/bananas, cereal, wide selection of teas/coffee, juices, scrambled eggs and French toast. I would suggest that a designated individual for clean ups at breakfast would be nice instead of the concierge staff helping with breakfast. Makayla who checked us out was fabulous and very pleasant. She was very busy cleaning and taking care of clients needs during the morning but anytime Makayla was approached she listened carefully & handled needs efficiently all the while with a smile and happiness. Thank u Makayla.

Stayed: July 2014
HyattPlaceMystic, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Traveler:

I appreciate you taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Mystic.

It was a pleasure to hear that you and your family enjoyed their stay at the hotel, and that our accomodations fit everyone needs. It is always excellent when a guest recalls our staff by name and the customer service they received. I will certainly be commending Makayla, thank you!

We certainly look forward to seeing you again, thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I chose this hotel specifically because it had an outdoor pool. I wanted to spend as much of the extra time of my vacation sitting in the sun by a pool. (Had the sun ever been out, it would have been great! Used the pool anyway because it was heated, but alas, no tanning. Clearly, not the hotel's doing. Lol.) Anyway, the rooms were clean and large, the beds were comfortable (including the pull-out bed), we loved having a fridge and all that counter space and extra drawers at the bathroom sink were completely put to use. The breakfast was free (!) and more than good. The staff was very friendly, helpful and efficient. We were a family of 4, two adults and our two teenagers (19 and 17). We would certainly stay there again!

Dear Traveler:

Thank you for taking the time to post such a postive review on your stay at the Hyatt Place Mystic.

I am so happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, although the sun did not cooperate with your plans! We hope that on your next visit it does, we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.