“Great stay”
Review of Hyatt Place Mystic

Hyatt Place Mystic
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Reviewed 9 November 2009

This is a very nice hotel, close to everything we needed. My wife and I took our children to mystic for a few days and I booked this hotel due to the reviews here on TA. I got a great rate from Hyatt.com and could not have been happier with my choice. The staff is very friendly and on top of everything. the free breakfast was nice for the kids, bagels and ceral. But if you want more such as waffles or eggs you could order them. the price was very good if you ask me compared to other hotels. The room was clean and big enough for my wife and I plus our three daughters (8,12, 15). Starbucks in the lobby plus a little bar area you can get a glass of wine or a beer and just relax. No complaints at all and I would not hesitate on returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,167)

Reviewed 27 October 2009

Having stayed at another hotel in town, I thought it might be fun for a change to try the Hyatt Place. This hotel is very nice and crisp and clean. Our room was spacious , which is important when traveling with small kids! We only stayed the night and did not eat the breakfast but it looked like a lot of food was out! The staff were very friendly and kind!

We go to Mystic a few times a year and will make this the hotel of choice from now on.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2009

Our family recently stayed and were pleasantly surprised. We loved it! Very big rooms(couch right when you walk in with a mini-divider and then the beds). Very clean. Nice staff. In the vicinity of all of the other main hotels. Were able to secure a great rate on Hotwire and would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2009

The hotel location is great. It's cross the street from the Old Village and minutes away from Mystic River.
The hotel is clean and the room is roomy and comfortable. It has a separate living room, small kitchen and desk area. The large LCD TV is also plus. There is only one drawback, that is, the bathroom is too small. I have problem getting in and out of the bathroom since the door would close/open inches away from the toilet. I also had a lazy maid who left used towel and soap in the bathroom.
The breakfast included is a joke. You have bagels, toast, muffin, cheerios, cofee, juice and fruits for free. For eggs, omelets, hash browns, etc., you will need to order and pay additional.
On my next visit to Mystic, I would probably try "Holiday Inn Express" next to this one to see if they have better breakfast and bigger bathroom.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2009

Stayed here as the hotel for my wedding night and our whole party booked a block of rooms at a great rate.

Lobby is modestly decorated but tasteful, free internet if you need it, staff was very nice. My room was fantastic, king bed, full couch, huge HD TV that swiveled, two sinks, nice bathroom, overall was very good. To nitpick, I didn't like the blankets on the bed (a little tough) and the bed was not as nice as some other Hyatt's I've been to, but again that is nitpicking.

We had a conference room for a little party and that went great, staff was awesome.

You get a free breakfast in the morning, it's nothing too special but a nice deal. Stupid rules abound though about alcohol (only served from 11 AM to 11 PM) but that's a state law and not really the hotel's fault.

Overall, I had a great stay and I can't say enough about what a good hotel this is for the price.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2009

I stayed at the Mystic Hyatt Place with a friend and her two daughters, ages 7 and 9 for 2 nights in order to tour Mystic, including the Mystic Aquarium and Mystic Seaport. After a long car ride we all enjoyed playing and/or relaxing in the pool while the staff immediately introduced themselves and were very friendly towards the children. A nice breakfast buffet is included, the hotel is very clean, and it is located near the aquarium and outlet shopping mall. The rooms were set up nicely, though the bathroom was small, with the sink outside of it. We would definately stay there again,.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2009

I had a great time. Location is perfect. Housekeeping is great. Bedding is very very good. The room is spacious enough. We had a king with a sofa bed. I don't get the idea of having the bathroom sink in the hall area but other then that it was great. they give you free internet in the lobby. The only complaint I have is the breakfast. Even for free it is pathetic. No meat, no pancakes, nothing good. The breakfast was of bread which you had to toast 3 times to get it brown. Fruit and cereal. Really not worth getting up for since they close it at 9:30am. The location is great. Seaport up the road, Mystic Pizza, Mohegan and Foxwoods all in a short ride. If you can get a deal on the price, I would stay there. We paid about 110.00 a night. Call them directly for a better deal. If you have AAA or are a Government employee there is added discounts. Not much to do if you are traveling with kids. The pool is small and would be good in the summer but in the winter I didnt see much to do for the kids. Oh when you go for seafood dinner, you have to eat at TEN CLAMS. Its within walking distance. It has the BEST fish and chips ever. And...as the name states, everything is under 10 bucks.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple