“Old time diner style”

New Britain Diner Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 150 Restaurants in New Britain
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Kind of a fun dining experience after so many chain style restaurants. Went based on TA recommendations and were not disappointed. Menu was extensive - too extensive. They can't do everything well. Went with waitress recommendations. Grilled Liver & Onions and Patty Melt.
The L&O was great and a lot of it. The Patty Melt was a good Patty Melt. French fries are better than the Onion Rings. One complaint - the salad was soppy wet. Glad they washed the lettuce but spin it out folks. Waitress (Debbie) was a hoot and made us feel welcome.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Remember the old time diners? This is the place to go. The atmosphere is old time diner. The menu is also. Wait staff is super friendly and helpful No problems with giving you enough time to review the extensive menu. They are open 24 hours 7 days a week. Prices are fair. Plates are huge. You can get breakfast or anything else any time of the day. It is easy on and off the highway. For travelers coming through or past town, stop in for a rest and a big treat. Bathrooms are clean. A good sign of a clean kitchen. Food came so fast that we thought they had anticipated our order. Lots of regulars who were greeted and called by name. People were dressed in suits [it was A Sunday] and jeans, shorts tees whatever.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

this was recommended by the hotel we were staying at. 3 cheese omelet YUM and blueberry pancakes YUM! asked for the bacon to be cooked well done and they were just right. Service was great !

Reviewed 14 May 2013

We went on a Tuesday at 10:30am.. had barely sat down and we already had waters brought over. We ordered french toast (4 stars) and a cold tuna sandwich.. but I had asked to make my dish a deluxe with fries, cole slaw (cole slaw wasn't the best I've ever had), and a pickle.. asked for an additional pickle and our waitress came back in less than a minute with a plate of five pickles and my cole slaw. When the heck does that ever happen!? She was very kind hearted, attentive.. food was excellent. I'm a big diner-ie kinda person and I've never been so freakin pleased with a restaurant in my life. I have even worked for a handful of restaurants and by the time we left I wanted to hug our waitress. <3 Tipped her $10 on a $17 check. And the bathrooms were immaculate. I usually cant stand that chemically scent in freshly cleaned bathrooms but whatever they used was quite pleasant. I'm still in shock with satisfaction.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

Had lunch here today with wife and daughter. The place is a little shopworn, but the food is very good and the service is prompt and friendly. I'd go back if in the area.