“Great visit ”

Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History
Ranked #3 of 61 things to do in New Haven
More attraction details
Owner description: This museum has a diverse collection ranging from Indian artifacts to Egyptian art to a large bird collection.
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Cool things to see and admire a must visit with kids or just the two of you. The Egyptian exhibit was amazing also

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The Peabody is my favorite museum in New Haven(Yale). If you are young or old, it is a fun experience. You can request a docent tour or explore on your own. The dinosaur hall is excellent and contains the famous Zallinger Mural. Don't miss the mummy and the kid'sroom!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Something for everyone...Eclectic collection of artifacts thoughtfully exhibited and labeled in manageable displays. Dinosaur area not to be missed, especially the mammoth turtle! Gems and radioactive minerals will awe young rockhounds.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Very nice museum. Design/flow was very nice. Double stroller friendly.

Not sure if there were multiple entrances, but where we entered and paid, my son noticed the giant squid? hanging from the ceiling - awesome surprise as I am always telling my kids to look up when in a new place. First floor dinosaur exhibit was great - just the right amount of exhibits for the space. The second floor w/ the live animals was a neat surprise - the space was a bit small, but at the same time, you could see the animals in the tank very well. Top floor was fun as it was part interactive. We made a game out of trying to find the animals in the displays. Mineral exhibit was displayed nicely as well.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stopped by Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History during their Egyptian exhibition. It was a free museum day so I decided to check it out. The museum and the exhibit was much smaller than I had anticipated. It was interesting, but I can't say that I wasn't mildly disappointed at at how quickly we ran through the exhibits. I believe this would be a good place to bring children with short attention spans on a rainy day or free entry day.