“Excellent location , great food, great experience.”
Review of The Study at Yale

The Study at Yale
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in New Haven
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Right in the heart of Yale. Excellent food, excellent bar, and excellent service. Highly recommend. Except the room has some air-con like noise. It get clear at night and can't figure out why. There is free coffee in the morning at the lobby. Don't miss that.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We came to stay here just for one night & how I wish it was longer.
Starting with the lobby, the place looks very sharp, felt like I was in Europe. The staff are all very welcoming & helpful. When I booked the hotel, I had a few wish list, like, have the Yale view, extra towels because of my long hair etc. The lady at the desk informed me that all my wish list are all met.

Then the room - we booked a King size bed & the room was so spacious. The view is absolutely spectacular. The room design have this European touch in a big way. (Just you know most hotels in Europe is small).

The desk is perfectly placed. The bathroom is very neat & clean & well supplied with items you might need which includes a hair dryer & bathrobes. The bathroom has a wide sink & is just a little crowded but this didn't bother us. No tub in our barhroom just a standing shower. The water pressure was awesome!

In our room they had free wifi and a hard wire ready to connect to your computer.

For those of you who don't like a fluffy feathered pillow, make sure you bring your own. We always bring ours no matter where we go.

They have their own restaurant at the lobby where you can dine or have a room service. The surrounding area have plenty of places to eat & they are all walking distance. I did not have a fridge in my room & I did not ask & not sure if its available.

This place is definitely a place to stay for both business or pleasure. We will definitely come back to this place if need be in the future.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Pretty hotel, with nice design/ study theme- good books in the lobby etc. Fitting style for a college town. Good location near restaurants shopping, Yale museums and University. Rooms are light and bright and simply designed. One of our light fixtures next to the bed was broken. We were supposed to stay one night and needed to extend. We called at 11 00 am. When we came back at 5 00 the room had not been made up. Also, I asked them to make a reservation for us for dinner. I never heard back so I called, the next person I spoke to didn't know what had/ had not happened. It was about 6 00 so said it was a great choice restaurant but she couldn't reach them. We decided to try to walk in. There was a sign on the door that they were closed for Summer vacation. I calleed the hotel back for another suggestion. ARrived there and they too, were closed, not open Sunday night. Finally a third suggestion, they were also closed. Fourth, Barcelona, a nice tapas place worked out. I really think a hotel should try to know a little more about what is going on a couple of blocks away if they are going to recommend it to guests. So basically, I do not think they offer concierge service at this hotel.

Room Tip: try to get a room facing the University
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

The Study at Yale provides wonderful accommodations right at the Yale campus. Everything is modern and stylish. The staff was efficient even during a busy check-in. There are many restaurants nearby as well as a full-service one in the hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill F
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Absolutely 1st rate hotel. Service was exceptional, room was inviting and food in Heirloom was delicious! We'll definitely return for another stay! Able to accommodate our SUV with Thule Box in valet parking. Brilliant. Many thanks!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank TXBIMMERROADWARRIOR
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I have traveled extensively and usually stay at exclusive, high end hotels. Traveling this month for a football camp at Yale, we were limited in our choices. We came across The Study at Yale through Trip Advisor and couldn't have been more delighted. The overall hip and modern environment had a literary feel and blended so well into the Yale experience. From the rooms, to the service, to the food...everything was impeccable! I felt like we were staying in an intimate Four Seasons. Should your travels include a trip to Yale, I highly recommend this property!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My daughter and I stayed at The Study when she was visiting Yale. We found the lobby welcoming and the staff very helpful. The room was attractive and the beds were very comfortable. The location was convenient to campus and close to many restaurants. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family