“Great hotel, good service”
Review of The Study at Yale

The Study at Yale
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in New Haven
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We needed an hotel for one night on Yale's campus and chose this one because it was well
located - walking distance to many sites. It is a very modern, well run establishment with valet
parking only. While pricey the service was excellent and the amenities good.

Room Tip: parking is limited to valet only. Street parking difficult
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank redramPhiladelphia

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed two nights, and overall we both loved it. Though we booked the most basic of King rooms, they upgraded us to a Yale view on the top (7th) floor. Quiet, and tons of light. Service all around was warm and welcoming. Ate breakfast at hotel restaurant, very good. My only complaint (and it is my standard one) is the lack of a 'hand held' shower head. Esp. as our room had a shower set up only (which was beautifully tiled and finished otherwise.) Rates are on the high end, but the staff and newness of the property softened the blow.

Room Tip: As others have said, Yale view high floor is probably the best, same high floor advice would go for...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This was such a nice place to get-away. The room was clean, modern, and stylish. I felt pampered. The bed was super comfortable and I loved the shower design. It is located in a safe part of the city right on the Yale campus. I was able to walk everywhere. Great service and friendly staff.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed for a conference and the hotel was very nice. The bedding, service and showers were great. I asked for a room with a view, and got one looking at the rooftops of Yale. Not bad, but don't get any rooms that end in "25." I was in 525 and it's considerably smaller than all the others, and in a corner, so part of my view was the windows of an apartment building next door. The bathroom is so cramped that I hit my nose on the door trying to maneuver to the toilet.

That said, the restaurant is amazing. I had Branzino (sea bass) which was the best I ever had anywhere, including pricy 5-stars. The lunch Cobb salad was enough for 3 people and scrumptious. Service was great too.

Room Tip: No corner rooms!
1  Thank destinations_di
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed at the Study for two nights. The rooms were very nice and the staff very professional and helpful! Walking distance to most activities. Would highly recommend this hotel. Be aware there is a $24.00 valet charge per night. I believe the charge is a bit much for the area. However, the valet personnel were excellent!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I used to stay at the Omni whenever visiting New Haven but over the years I felt like the property has gone downhill. I decided to give the Study a chance. We booked a "Study Room" - it is L shaped and has a mini library off of it and a view of Yale (mostly the top of Pierson). It was pricey and that was my biggest hesitancy on booking it, but I am so glad we did because we just loved it. The room was airy and light filled and we instantly felt at home upon entering it. The room was spacious and because of the L shape, it is great if you are traveling with a young child who goes to bed earlier than you do because you can put them to sleep in their own little area. The staff at the hotel were great- they seemed overly competent for their jobs and I almost wondered if they had any sort of ownership stake; in any event, they completed their jobs as if they owned the place and clearly took great care in their work. I am so glad we decided to try a different hotel in New Haven and really hope to return again soon.

Room Tip: I loved the Study Room. Really great if you are traveling with a baby because it is L shaped and yo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Rooms were clean and shower was great! The restaurant was convenient and served good food. The location close to town was good as I was able to walk around as I was only in town for the one night. Beds were comfy and lifts were fast.