“Always come back…love the study”
Review of The Study at Yale

The Study at Yale
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in New Haven
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We love the Study. The rooms are clean and spacious. The rooms were due for carpet changes and they are just finishing the replacement of the carpets when we arrived. We have been staying at the study for six plus years and I was getting tired of the shampoo..and you know they have updated and changed the flavor, but kept the same manufacturer. Anthony, the manager, and Patricia, rooms manager, always find a way to accommodate us. The service is superb. We love the bar, Rob and Ed are our favorites. The food and the service in the restaurant has also improved.

Room Tip: High floor, campus view and away for the housekeeping closet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank barbboston

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at the Study many times and absolutely love it.The rooms are bright, clean and very comfortable;the lobby is beautiful and a fun place to meet friends, and the Heirloom restaurant has both great food and energy for breakfast,lunch, dinner, and evening drinks. I highly recommend The Study- just wish they had more locations!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Colleen C
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We needed an hotel for one night on Yale's campus and chose this one because it was well
located - walking distance to many sites. It is a very modern, well run establishment with valet
parking only. While pricey the service was excellent and the amenities good.

Room Tip: parking is limited to valet only. Street parking difficult
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank redramPhiladelphia
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed two nights, and overall we both loved it. Though we booked the most basic of King rooms, they upgraded us to a Yale view on the top (7th) floor. Quiet, and tons of light. Service all around was warm and welcoming. Ate breakfast at hotel restaurant, very good. My only complaint (and it is my standard one) is the lack of a 'hand held' shower head. Esp. as our room had a shower set up only (which was beautifully tiled and finished otherwise.) Rates are on the high end, but the staff and newness of the property softened the blow.

Room Tip: As others have said, Yale view high floor is probably the best, same high floor advice would go for...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This was such a nice place to get-away. The room was clean, modern, and stylish. I felt pampered. The bed was super comfortable and I loved the shower design. It is located in a safe part of the city right on the Yale campus. I was able to walk everywhere. Great service and friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed for a conference and the hotel was very nice. The bedding, service and showers were great. I asked for a room with a view, and got one looking at the rooftops of Yale. Not bad, but don't get any rooms that end in "25." I was in 525 and it's considerably smaller than all the others, and in a corner, so part of my view was the windows of an apartment building next door. The bathroom is so cramped that I hit my nose on the door trying to maneuver to the toilet.

That said, the restaurant is amazing. I had Branzino (sea bass) which was the best I ever had anywhere, including pricy 5-stars. The lunch Cobb salad was enough for 3 people and scrumptious. Service was great too.

Room Tip: No corner rooms!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank destinations_di
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed at the Study for two nights. The rooms were very nice and the staff very professional and helpful! Walking distance to most activities. Would highly recommend this hotel. Be aware there is a $24.00 valet charge per night. I believe the charge is a bit much for the area. However, the valet personnel were excellent!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends