“Very disappointing.”

Dining options: Waitstaff
New Haven
“Very disappointing.”
Reviewed 8 May 2011

The service was poor; the waitperson couldn 't remember who ordered what. The food was uneven and mostly poor and uninteresting. Nothing to write home about or to commend to someone else. I was surprised at how uninspired the dishes were. I had a chowder to start and the beef Wellington as an entree. Needs a new Chef.

Never going back.

• Visited May 2011

Garden City NY
“Kitchen table Disappoints”
Reviewed 4 September 2010

We sought out the Kitchen Table based on Tripadvisor reviews. I must say it was disappointing. The Menu and the concept (sustainable local food) read better than the execution. I definitely didnt like the burger. It does ont seem to be open every night for dinner as of Aug 2010 (?)

ny
“Highly Recommended”
Reviewed 3 April 2010

Great place - excellent food, good service, cozy atmosphere. All the food, or most of it, is local. Meats are free range, greens are organic. The rolls they brought were absolutely delicious. My husband and I both had very good, large portioned salads. He ordered the fried risotto balls for an appetizer and thought they were incredible. He also had the hanger steak entree and and enjoyed that as well. I ordered the acorn gnocchi appetizer as my entree and it was wonderful (though in need of a little salt)- the portion was small - a larger portion of it would definitely make a nice addition to the entree selections. We highly recommend this place and plan to return next time we're in New Haven.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Good addition to New Haven”
Reviewed 5 March 2010

Really nice, warm staff and the food was good. It seemed quiet, almost like no one knows its there--we had no idea until we saw an ad in the paper. It was worth trying, we would definitely return!

New Haven, CT
“Organic, sustainable and delicious!”
Reviewed 23 December 2009

The servers are friendly, the decore is modern chic and the atmosphere cozy. It was a small restuarant that gave you a warm feeling all over, perhaps because of the fire place.

We were impressed that our server recommended an excellent wine which was not the most expensive on the list.

The Pumpkin soup was the best i've ever had, gorganzola pizza the crunchiest and the chicken was ever so moist.

My friends and I all enjoyed the meal, felt the portions were adaquate and the pricing and atmosphere inviting. We will be going back soon after the holidays!