“Better than words”

Kelly's Gastropub
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in the historic Kelly House, Kelly's Gastropub serves traditional Irish fare and an eclectic variety of other cuisines including American, Mexican, Asian and others. We have a full bar and 20 beers on tap as well as select wines. With outdoor seating in the summer and a warm fire in the winter, we are perfect for any season. Ask us about our private room for your next event!
Reviewed 17 June 2014

A MUST for drinks and dinner. I went on a Friday night to join several for dinner. The bar area was wall to wall with young yalies so it must be a hot spot. Dinner was SUPERB and inexpensive! Between the fish, chicken, pork, beef choices all were exceptional in quantity, quality and price. Definite place to return

2  Thank Kawena L

Reviewed 5 June 2014

A very big hamburger cooked to my desire. A very nice outdoor patio that gave the feeling that you were at a party.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

A special occasion today, my son's college graduation. We were looking for a nice place to have a celebratory lunch. We walked in to a great setting, jazz band and lovely outdoor patio. Unfortunately that was the best part of the restaurant. We sat on the patio which was not overcrowded. It was downhill from there and quite a disappointment. We waited for everything, a carafe of water, our order being taken, silverware. It took over an hour for us to get our lunch! And it was simple burgers and sandwiches. When the food finally came it frankly nothing special. We will not be back again. This is a very big restaurant and hard to believe the service was so poor and the kitchen so slow.

1  Thank kdhop
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I was looking for a glass of wine near my hotel and saw Kelly's. Stopped in and shared a table with a woman who was also attending Bulldog Days at Yale. We had a lovely conversation about Yale, our kids and our lives. I also had a salad with steak and it was fine. No great shakes, but just what I needed on that night. Not sure I would stop in again. Service was just OK.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I don't have a lot to say but avoid. I stopped in on Sunday afternoon and grabbed a table by the bar for lunch. The jazz band was good unfortunately, the staff ignored me for quite some time. I finally ordered, the food was bad (I am being generous with bad). The yuca fries were so hard I couldn't break then down by chewing and I pulled several bones from my fish sandwich, bummer! To add insult to injury, I was subject to monster truck races on tv. Just not my scene. Visit at your own risk, good luck.