“Yummy!”

Cuisines: Irish, British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We (family of four) stopped here last year on our way from NYC to Hartford (we were on vacation from NH). We couldn't stop talking about the food. My husband ordered the fish and chips and I ordered the Guinness Stew. The only issue was that they brought out two fish and chips instead of giving me my stew. They quickly corrected the problem. That was the BEST Guinness Stew I've ever had! No where else compares. My husband LOVED the fish and chips.

Even though it was over a year ago that we ate here, I decided to finally review it now because my husband had to travel from NH to NJ today on a business trip. He called to let me know where he ate for lunch. I asked what he ordered and he said the fish and chips and I asked how it was this time. He said "incredible". Not sure how the other food is, but the fish and chips and stew are WONDERFUL.

2  Thank PamelaSG

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Let me start by saying if I could give this restaurant a zero, I would. First of all the item I wanted to order wasn't available, my second choice wasn't available either. I decided on the salmon which was the most tasteless food I have ever eaten. It came will plain white rice and BOILED vegetables. Honestly, if we did not have a gift certificate I would have refused to pay. Not to mention, the salmon smelled beyond fishy! I understand that they are trying to go 'authentic' but, wow, how about a touch of salt! Also, restaurants in Ireland today actually have amazing food so the whole bland tasteless reputation is not so anymore. Come on Anna Liffey's, at least make your food resemble food!

1  Thank Clev
Reviewed 20 September 2012

This bar and restaurant has the best fish and chips I have found in New Haven. You get a fillet big enough for two served on a wooden plank. There is a good selection of draft beers including my favorite, Newcastle Ale. There are other Irish pub usual fare items that my wife says are also good, but I go there for the fish. Don't be put off when you arrive. The pub is in the basement. That adds to its appeal. It is right in the center of town, just a block off Yale's campus and a block from the district courthouse.

1  Thank DENDOS
Reviewed 6 June 2012 via mobile

Went to Anna Liffeys as part of the taste of new haven tour and this place stole the show. It was my first time trying shepherds pie and it was delicious I absolutely loved it. Irish pubs aren't usually my scene but I WILL be going back soon

Reviewed 11 May 2012

A Guinness and meat and potatoes. What else can you ask for?