“Tasty and good atmosphere”
Review of Anna Liffey's

Anna Liffey's
Ranked #112 of 558 Restaurants in New Haven
Price range: US$20 - US$20
Cuisines: Irish, British
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Tasty and good atmosphere”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I had a Chicken pie at Anna Liffey's and it was really nice, accompanied by a Guinness. I like the atmosphere, a mix between sport's bar and Irish pub.

Service was good too, our waitress was friendly and upbeat. Food arrived fairly quickly.

• Visited December 2013

New Haven, Connecticut
“top drawer”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The food is just always great. I've been going for years and never had a substandard meal. French fries are the best anywhere. They screen all the soccer matches. Good atmosphere, friendly people work there. The head chef is #1.

• Visited November 2013
High Wycombe
“Good irish bar”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Had dinner and drinks here. Upstairs it was very busy, but went downstairs and it was virtually empty. Waitress was chatty and accommodating. We had the Irish curry which was very good. Variety of draft beers on tap and wines. We also had cocktails here unfortunately the long island iced tea tasted a little odd. Good atmosphere and the prices were good.

• Visited October 2013
New Hampshire
“Yummy!”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We (family of four) stopped here last year on our way from NYC to Hartford (we were on vacation from NH). We couldn't stop talking about the food. My husband ordered the fish and chips and I ordered the Guinness Stew. The only issue was that they brought out two fish and chips instead of giving me my stew. They quickly corrected the problem. That was the BEST Guinness Stew I've ever had! No where else compares. My husband LOVED the fish and chips.

Even though it was over a year ago that we ate here, I decided to finally review it now because my husband had to travel from NH to NJ today on a business trip. He called to let me know where he ate for lunch. I asked what he ordered and he said the fish and chips and I asked how it was this time. He said "incredible". Not sure how the other food is, but the fish and chips and stew are WONDERFUL.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank PamelaSG
Connecticut
“Are you kidding me!!!!!”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Let me start by saying if I could give this restaurant a zero, I would. First of all the item I wanted to order wasn't available, my second choice wasn't available either. I decided on the salmon which was the most tasteless food I have ever eaten. It came will plain white rice and BOILED vegetables. Honestly, if we did not have a gift certificate I would have refused to pay. Not to mention, the salmon smelled beyond fishy! I understand that they are trying to go 'authentic' but, wow, how about a touch of salt! Also, restaurants in Ireland today actually have amazing food so the whole bland tasteless reputation is not so anymore. Come on Anna Liffey's, at least make your food resemble food!

• Visited September 2013