“Good place for breakfast”

Patricia's Restaurant
Ranked #106 of 567 Restaurants in New Haven
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Reasonably priced, good place for breakfast. Convenient to Yale. Note that credit cards are not accepted.

There are newer reviews for Patricia's Restaurant

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Don't go to Patricia's if you are Hispanic because they will not serve you! We attempted to dine here on two occasions while in town for my niece's Yale graduation. Both times we were not seated, however, other patrons that entered after us were indeed seated. Seriously, we have not evolved from this type of behavior yet! Amazing!!!

3  Thank Sarah G
Reviewed 16 December 2012 via mobile

The omelets, scrambled eggs, pancakes, and bacon were all very good. The breakfast potatos were mushy and didn't taste like much. The service was friendly and efficient. The decor was diner style. I would be happy to go back again.

Reviewed 19 August 2012

I was recently stuck in New Haven. I say stuck, not because of New Haven, but because of the business reason I was there. So, you understand, I was not thrilled. My hotel had stopped serving breakfast, and it felt like there was nothing but fast food or non-breakfast places nearby, apart from Patricia's.

From the outside, I wasn't sure I wanted to go in. Nothing wrong with it, just, for a New Yorker, not the first place I would have thought of. There were not many folks inside, but it was an odd hour, so I went in.

Boy am I glad I did! First off, Patricia is the nicest person ever. It was like crossing into last century, where there were concepts of small business and kindness to your fellow man. Someone forgot their wallet, and were told they could pay the money tomorrow. (Patricia said they are a regular.) Students were walking in and out ordering food, as they do, apparently, every day. Another regular was reading Patricia's horoscope to her, and it turns out he helps her with some day-to-day business operations.

Oh, yeah, and the food - I got an egg-white omelette, customized with the veggies I wanted, some home fries, and Patricia cooked it herself. Yum.

HIGHLY recommend this place! It may not look like much, but what a great experience.

1  Thank Heather M
Reviewed 28 March 2012

The menu is very limited. Potatoes were so-so, but the omelette was excellent.