“Hamden Location OVERPRICED Mediocre Tapas Etc”
Review of Ibiza Restaurant - CLOSED

Ibiza Restaurant
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Used a Living Social voucher for this initial visit. Cuisine is OLD and outdated. Bar is not very good. The bartender is not very sociable. Tried a few tapas. By the way so OVERPRICED for tapas. $7.95 for 4 small meatballs and $7 for something they call Cod coquettes something or other you get 8 small "balls" of Cod ?? what a rip off. A small margarita $7.50,come on I would pay that if the size of the drink was worthwhile. The meatballs were OK the cod things were not even worth a buck. A couple for dinner could easily be $70 and still be hungry. Not worth a revisit to this Hamden,Ct. location.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Terrific small plates, excellent wine by the glass but the tab grows quickly! I particularly enjoyed the octopus and the spinach.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We went here to try something new, small portions, good food, but a little pricey. I did enjoy dessert.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I was in the area on business and decided to try Ibiza as it was highly rated on Tripadvisor. It turned out to be a very good meal. I would say the key thing about this place is the food. Nice presentation and great taste. One thing that will always put a restaurant in my good graces is the bread. The bread is amazing and they were generous with it. My travel partner had the octopus salad and the cod entree. Both reported as excellent although the saltiness of the cod built up by the end. I had the lamb app and scallops entree. Both were excellent. I had flan for desert, also excellent. I had some small strangeness with the greet/seat when we entered and the server kept saying sorry about things. They were also spread out across many of the tables and the bar doing side work which isn't appropriate during dinner service. But again, food was excellent so I would return.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Had such an enjoyable dinner here. Started off with a shrimp ceviche. It was served in a tall glass in a chilled, gazpacho like sauce. It was so flavorful, we finished ever last drop of sauce. Also had the muscle appetizer. The muscles were served unexpectedly out of their shells in a foam. It was also delicious. Our main courses were beef tenderloin and a wild salmon. Both were prepared perfectly. The entire wine list consists of Spanish selections which lends to the restaurant's authenticity (not to mention the charming, doting owner). We were generously offered tastes of the wines we were considering before we ordered. If you want VIP treatment, this is the place for you. Arrive early, before the rush, for extra VIP treatment.