“Best service in a long time”
Review of Ibiza Restaurant - CLOSED

Ibiza Restaurant
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Had dinner here last night and it was a good choice. It is Spanish inspired food with a modern twist. All dishes were delicious, as were the amuse bouche sent by the chef. The best part is the wonderful, old fashioned service we received. Our waiter was an old school type, from the days when waiting was a career. We shall return.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I have been to Ibiza before on very busy nights, but we were in the mood on a Monday night and I was happy to see they were open. We tried the tasting menu, which meant we got to try the entire thing, two apps, two dinners, two desserts. I have been a major fan of the anchovies on crusted bread so we did a side order. My boyfriend loves anchovies and he was amazed at the fresh, and non-salty taste.

The young bartender made a few white wine suggestions and I was pleased, perhaps service was a bit slow, but it was a Monday and we did not care. The best dish was the pork chops, they were incredibly moist and flavorful. It is amazing what high quality meat can taste like. We also liked the stew with chorizo, butter beans and tomato. It was strange to see the place quiet but the meal was spot on. One of my all time favorites, thank you!

1  Thank Linda B
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This is fine dining establishment in New Haven. I went here with my folks for lunch. Its everything you expect from a fine dining place, good food and good service. We are pescetarians, and the food was good. The sangria was average.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I recently went to Ibiza, after having been three or four times in the past, and was reminded why I enjoy this restaurant. New Haven has many choices, perhaps more than any other city of this size in the Northeast, but I keep returning here. Although I am a vegetarian and not able to try most of what is on the menu I always judge a place by what they have on offer for us non-meat eaters. If the choice is limited to salad or "pasta primavera" it is adios, without the hasta la vista for me. The thoughtful choices here are welcome, not an overabundance, but welcome. There is an excellent choice of wines, which as far as I know do not have meat in them!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Ibiza is another of New Haven's collection of fine dining establishments. The food is mostly Spanish, with lovely olive tapenades, inventive dishes, and a lively scene. There is an extensive and intriguing cocktail list, although I always find myself taken with their incredibly delicious Sazerac - a bracing, old-school proper cocktail. Gambas a la plancha - perfectly grilled shrimp with garlic and grape tomatoes in a Spanish white wine sauce - heaven. There's great lobster out of its shell, with a caramelized foam. The $65 tasting menu is likely their best bargain, since you want to order everything, including luscious plates of Iberian ham, perfectly for sharing while you contemplate what to order. This is NOT a casual tapas bar, but a sophisticated restaurant for a delicious, proper adult meal.