“Really Wonderful! Great Roof Top Bar!”
Review of Bespoke - CLOSED

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Chapel Street
Westport, Ct
“Really Wonderful! Great Roof Top Bar!”
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Really Wonderful! Great Roof Top Bar! The food was delicious and the view, very cool. Nice to have this type of venue in New Haven.

HARTFORD,CONNECTICUT
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thank god they're closing!”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Dined at Bespoke recently with my wife for my birthday celebration. We found out during dinner that they were closing in two weeks. This was good because this turned out to be the worst dinner i have ever had. Dirty Martini I ordered had no olives. Cauliflower appertizer was cold. Oyster appertizer showed up with my entre. My entre the Braised Lamb Shank was cold my wife had the Duck which was luke warm. I sent mine back and told them not to bother to heat it. Waiter told us he would only charge us for drinks. When the bill showed up it included the whole meal. I asked to speak to manager on duty to complain. Was told that there was none but the owner was on site. He did not bother to see me. I must say that we were not he only one to have their meals ruined. The couple who sat next to us did not get their appertizers and received different dinners from what they ordered.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank CHAPMANBEACH
“Wouldn't go back a third time”
Reviewed 19 January 2012

For all of the effort, the food is unmemorable. I don't care for the main dining room lay out and lighting, kind of like a boys' ref in a sci-fi movie.

West Haven, Connecticut
“Great Girls Night Out”
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Me and my friends like this trendy eatery! Every once in a while when we need to be US again and leave the husbands and families at home we get gussied up and hit this great spot for delicious food and a well made cocktail.

Connecticut
“Very Enjoyable Dining Experience”
Reviewed 9 October 2011

My wife and I dined on a Saturday evening after making reservations on OpenTable that afternoon. The reservation went smoothly and we were seated promptly in prime time. Our table for 2 was tucked in a corner an quite small and upon asking to move to a larger deuce in the middle of the room, were accomodated graciously. The decor is sparse yet inviting and obviously with attention on trend setting decor. The restaurant is quite small with maybe only seating for 50 people tops, but very warm and with a nice sound level, although background music was NYC style electro-industrial.

We started with the the Daily Dip which was a wonderfully fresh hummus, very light, and with very nice hints of lemon and various herbal treatments. The romaine salad was unremarkable in its presentation (pleasantly devoid of ostentatious sculpturing) but was very fresh taking with its lemon-vinaigrette. There was nice continuity from the hummus appetizer.

miff had the horseradish salmon and I had the chicken. Both were infused with wonderful flavors, my chicken being a nice balance of savory and sweet, brought on by golden raisins (which normally I avoid, but were very nice here). My wife enjoyed her fish immensely although she thought the horseradish was too understated.

We enjoyed a couple of Willamette Valley Pinot Noirs by the glass and finished with cheese and port. Coffee was french pressed as the table and very delicious as well.

The service was fine, not overly engaging yet far short of pretentious which I had feared. However it was generally effective given there were essentially 2 servers working the whole room.

We did notice the bar never hit over 60% capacity from our 7-10 dining stint, but perhaps
it is a late night spot. The way the restaurant is laid out there is little interaction between bar and dining area.

All in all, we would definitely go back and recommend it as a New Haven eating destination. Bill was $182 for app, 2 salads, 3 wines, 2 entrees, port, coffee and 3 cheeses.

• Visited October 2011