“Go elsewhere! Fake pictures and non-existing amenities”
Review of New Haven Inn

New Haven Inn
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in New Haven
Midwest
“Go elsewhere! Fake pictures and non-existing amenities”
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Do not stay here. Do not make the same mistake I made.
I saw the other reviews, and most reviews said do not stay in this hotel. However, considering the lower cost, and looking at the nice pictures and amenities described on the Choice Hotel website, I was still attracked to book this hotel against those warnings. Big mistake!!

The photos must be from 10 years ago when the hotel was first built, because the place is a run down, and neither the room nor the buildings are anywhere close to the nice pictures on the website. The "heated indoor pool" is in the abandoned building of the "conference rooms" full of broken glasses and dust. A whole building at the back was also boarded up with broken windows. They don't have any laundry facility but still advertised "laundry facility on the property". Things mentioned on the website about the hotel are just lies after lies.
The front desk Indian staff was completely UN-friendly, maintained a cold face and had no desire to even talk to his guests. Very UN-welcoming.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank FriendlyRon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 July 2012

My family and I had to travel to CT from PA, My mother was having a very delicate surgery, I booked online using my choice points, I called and ask the person on the phone that I was coming from PA and I wasn't sure what time we would be there, he said "not a problem we would change your stay if you get here after midnight... we got there at 5am due to traffic and construction...when we got there I told the person on the counter about the change of stay, this person said he couldn't change my stay and check-out was at 11am; We were all so tired, when we got to the room, the a/c wasn't working that well and the bathroom door was dirty; I called back at 10:30am and asked for a late check-out: I was told 1pm the key better be at the counter... this was very unprofessional, I was so tired throught the day...We will never stay there again!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JPaez_12

Travellers are raving about these New Haven hotels

Helena, Alabama
Reviewed 29 July 2012

DON'T STAY HERE!!!!!! We were tired, found this on choice hotel app, got to the room and it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months. Told them it wasn't acceptable, but they wouldn't refund money. Luckily it was on the cheaper side, but will NEVER even consider a stay at an ECONO LODGE again. Am writing Choice Hotels about this DUMP!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Schtdynative
Wichita Falls, Texas, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2012

This place is a run down, probably drug and hooker infested waste of land! DO NOT STAY HERE!
It was too late to cancel my reservation and get a refund, but after looking around, I ate the $60 and moved to another hotel. I thought my truck would end up on blocks in the morning with no wheels!

Room Tip: This entire area does not look safe, move on!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Steven T
Boston
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Do not stay here! If you do, you're truly taking your life in your hands. The place looks worse than a fallout shelter. Some very sketchy characters around the place.

Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 27 June 2012

DO NOT GO I repeat STAY AWAY.. the pictures on the Econo lodge website are what the hotel looked like before the end of the world atom bomb got dropped on New Haven. Only one section is available for staying the rest is literally boarded up, rotten, smashed, taped off, , broken windows, doors kicked in, matresses laying everywhere and totally debris ridden- not "we are under construction debris" more like "We are under attack debris" The swimming pool...? Is now a trash, literally. The rooms are skanky, it has more of a "crack house feel or a homeless shelter feel than a motel. I felt like I got warped into the movie Precious: Based on the book "Push" by sapphire. The people staying there are not wayfarers or travellers, they are the people that are one step from homelessness and econolodge is now home... it made me wonder if they are the kind of people that cant get a real apt, you know like drug addicts, convicts, and sex offenders. it felt that way to me. This place is the worst place Ive ever stayed, by FAR- and Im not picky- obviously I was staying at an econo lodge so that should tell you I wasnt expecting the ritz... and dont expect a refund, for any reason... at all... no matter what.... for any reason. Trashy and rude, scum, low class, ghetto, half way house, STDs, Flea Bag, Katrina, - these are the words I think of when I think of this place. They should loose their franchise.... See the pictures others have posted!!

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Shaun R
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We've been going to Econo Lodge since 2009 while my son has attending Yale University. It is the most economical hotel in the area and serves a free breakfast along with the room. The staff is very pleasant, especially Mr and Mrs Patel who run the housecleaning services. The rooms are very clean and is kept clean on a daily basis. We were upgraded to a suite, when there were no other rooms available at no additional cost. It is about a 19 minute drive away from Yale University and next to a major freeway entrance.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family